• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So figured there may be others...

My wife loves guns almost as much as I do. She has had more professional training than I have and is a good/safe shooter. She is TacDrivinMomma on the ODT.

The wife carrying and being a gun lover is great. Having a common topic to talk about with her single middle aged mother would be nice. She is not anti-gun, just not quite a fanatic yet.

My mother isn't anti-gun, she just hates them. The Grand Architect of the Universe has a sense of humor giving her gun toting sons, daughter in laws and grandchildren who all shoot. Now, she has warmed up more over the last 30 years, but after losing her dearest and closest family in a mass shooting she was very jaded. They come around eventually.

My wife will go to the range and practice. She wants to leave as soon as she has fired 12 rounds and hit the target each time. Other than that, she wants nothing to do with guns. She sees guns as simply something to protect herself. She has no idea what caliber means, is amused that I have more than one gun and cannot understand why I am facinated with them.

I'm lucky, my wife cares very little how much money I spend on anything and she loves to shoot as a family. Wife and kids all are able to shoot and know more about guns than most guys at the range.

Years ago I took my wife to a gun show so I could pick out my Christmas present that year. We saw a guy walking around with a rifle that was not on my list but was a huge deal so I bought it with the cash we had for my gift. My wife gave me the "what are you doing" look and got pretty mad at me. We walked over to the other side of the show, and I sold the rifle to a dealer that I know. We then sold the extra mags to another dealer, after everything was sold I bought my Christmas gift and walked out with $1000.00.

My wife loves guns!

I took my wife shooting on our first date, because I thought I was slick. "If I take you shooting you have to help clean the guns...at my place." She has bought me several guns over the years and got me an ACOG for my birthday.
Turns out she is a better than average shot and her accuracy has helped strengthen my commitment to monogamy.

Turns out she is a better than average shot and her accuracy has helped strengthen my commitment to monogamy.

LMAO! I made the MISTAKE of teaching my Wife how to shoot a Handgun WELL--Her Dad had taught all FOUR of his Daughters to Shoot--He must be a SAINT, BTW--but with .22 Rifles...I "Feel Your Pain"!!!... :) ....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom