• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I can say something is a good deal but I can't say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find more interesting than over-priced listings, is trying to figure out why an ODT member "... limits who may view their full profile."

What are they trying to hide? Who are they trying to hide it from? Are they an operator? Are they a mall-ninja?

Yeah somebody pulled that. I saw an optic listed for a fair price and someone had commented on it. I went ahead and messaged the seller, in case the other Buyer backed out. The next day, he was reselling the optic for a markup. I sent the new listing to the original Seller, but he couldn't see it so must have been blocked.

FLIPPERS!!!!!
Do you think we should censor and punish those who satirically criticize these listings? There is an option to "Allow Comments" when listing an item. If you do not allow comments, NO COMMENTS CAN BE LEFT AT ALL. HOWEVER, If you allow comments, they are monitored, and censored...as you well know.

They are hiding their past listings. The ones they bought 3 days earlier and resisted for twice what they paid.
Umm. Even if someone limits who sees their profile, you can still look at their threads started and all content by the member.

I don't think limiting their profile means what you think it means.

Yeah somebody pulled that. I saw an optic listed for a fair price and someone had commented on it. I went ahead and messaged the seller, in case the other Buyer backed out. The next day, he was reselling the optic for a markup. I sent the new listing to the original Seller, but he couldn't see it so must have been blocked.
Umm. Even if someone limits who sees their profile, you can still look at their threads started and all content by the member.

Now, on the other hand, they may have blocked you.

Bitches be cray

That's exactly what they did to hide their flipping activities

The person you're trying to 'influence' isn't 'management' here on this forum. It is the private seller. NOTHING is stopping you from sending the seller a PM and saying what you want. When you post your price concerns in his ad then you're the equivalent of standing in one store with a protest sign complaining about their prices because it's cheaper somewhere else, IMO.

I get what you mean. I don't comment on overpriced listings, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense. People criticize various posts and comments all the time, why are listings exempt? What's the difference between criticizing the OP in this thread, versus criticizing an overpriced listing he made?

From time to time, members post deals they find online. Say someone posts a link to a firearm that's $899 on Cabela's, instead of the regular $999. That's a decent deal.

But then I respond to that post with a link and say it's $849 at Adventure Outdoors. If you were considering buy it, would you be mad that I just saved you $50 more?

Some people may not know what is/ isn't a good deal. Both Sellers and Buyers.

I didn't say limiting that was someone else. I said blocked. I know what it means.

I get what you mean. I don't comment on overpriced listings, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense. People criticize various posts and comments all the time, why are listings exempt? What's the difference between criticizing the OP in this thread, versus criticizing an overpriced listing he made?

From time to time, members post deals they find online. Say someone posts a link to a firearm that's $899 on Cabela's, instead of the regular $999. That's a decent deal.

But then I respond to that post with a link and say it's $849 at Adventure Outdoors. If you were considering buy it, would you be mad that I just saved you $50 more?

Some people may not know what is/ isn't a good deal. Both Sellers and Buyers.
Exactly. I thought we were here to help each other. PERIOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom