• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just purchased a 100 Lbs. of rice...

Reading threads like this let me know that I'm not crazy!
I vacuum pack with silica gel packs. Should last a while...
I do the vacuum pack thing so I can portion it out better.

I got a basic food sealer for 25 bucks at Kroger. It does a pretty good job. It also does a nice job of sealing guns and ammmunition as long as you don't have any sharp edges or corners to poke holes in the bags.

I am thinking smaller mylar bags, the ones that hold about 2-3 Lbs. each.
Seal each one with a 02 absorber in each bag, almost vaccume seals the bag.That way I'm only opening about 2-3 Lbs at a time not the whole bucket.

Got to know one of the guys at the local Chinese place. He ordered me an extra 100 Lbs. of white rice at no extra cost. It wasn't but $30.00 so the wife didn't kill me.

Now to deal with storage? I have several food grade 5-gal. buckets already. I'm thinking sealing it in several smaller bags of mylar with O2 absorbers. Then several in each bucket with a Gamma lid.

I wonder how long 100 Lbs. will last two adults any way. Have I forgotten anything guys??

Thanks, Mikey394

Throw the rice in the freezer to kill off any bugs you may not see that might be inside the bags. I'm not saying that Chinese place is dirty....but I have been in it when the owners weren't there!

Back
Top Bottom