• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So if I were to buy a charcoal grill........

Believe it or not, I've cooked some great grub with my little Acorn Jr.
Built a snazzy little stand for it.
Great for cooking small batches of food.
Smokes using a diverter plate and sears up to 500+F as a direct fire grill.
Believe it or not, I can get an 8-9 lb butt on it. Runs about $150.
Deal of the day.

View attachment 3285370 View attachment 3285371 View attachment 3285372
Now, that looks like a grate looking for a Ribeye! Quick to fire up and get hot on a small amount of lump.

Believe it or not, I've cooked some great grub with my little Acorn Jr.
Built a snazzy little stand for it.
Great for cooking small batches of food.
Smokes using a diverter plate and sears up to 500+F as a direct fire grill.
Believe it or not, I can get an 8-9 lb butt on it. Runs about $150.
Deal of the day.

View attachment 3285370 View attachment 3285371 View attachment 3285372

I had an Acorn grill and enjoyed it until the bottom completely rusted out because they didn’t use heat resistant materials, especially paint. I contacted them and they basically said “sucks to be you, we don’t care.”

I have a couple of BGE. Used to cook a lot when the boys were still at home. Now not so much. I know they are expensive but you won’t regret a BGE. They can really do so much. I also have a Weber kettle for burgers and hot dogs. Now you got me wanting to cook something.

I have a couple of BGE. Used to cook a lot when the boys were still at home. Now not so much. I know they are expensive but you won’t regret a BGE. They can really do so much. I also have a Weber kettle for burgers and hot dogs. Now you got me wanting to cook something.
I wish I'd known how versatile a Weber kettle grill was when I bought my Bubba Keg (think metal BGE) 12 years ago.

Dont get me wrong...I love my Keg, but I've helped friends do some amazing long cooks on their Webers with great results. There are a few things I'd change to a Weber to make it better (location of lid vent, for one), but nothing that can't be overcome.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Works for me......

193044106_10218440700824862_7865528049430087241_n.jpg

Weber now makes a metal kamado. I have the precursor, the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. The primary difference between the two is the original Summit Charcoal includes a gas starter (which I never use).

The grill is quite versatile, I have used it for standard grilling and low and slow cooks (brisket, pork butt, ribs). The advantages over a ceramic kamado include: it's light enough to easily move, if you drop it, it will not shatter or crack, and does great with both lump and briquets. The Summit Charcoal is very efficient. After one cook, I kept the grill burning and maintained 250 for 18 hours before I had to shut it down.

They are expensive, but less than a comparably sized Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe.

Back
Top Bottom