• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, is the sig 320 basically a 250 revamped?

I own both. Prefer the p250.

Never have had a moment of concern with my P250, been reliable since day one.

Rear sight on P250 is odd and almost impossible to find after-market. No suppressor height sights.

I prefer the feel of the trigger on the P250.

Old fart, learned to shoot handguns firing revolvers double action, so DOA just feels normal.

Attachments

• sight-night-rear-lg-02.jpg
    sight-night-rear-lg-02.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
I own both. Prefer the p250.

Never have had a moment of concern with my P250, been reliable since day one.

Rear sight on P250 is odd and almost impossible to find after-market. No suppressor height sights.

I prefer the feel of the trigger on the P250.

Old fart, learned to shoot handguns firing revolvers double action, so DOA just feels normal.
Seriously? The 250 has one of the absolute worst triggers ever created.

Seriously? The 250 has one of the absolute worst triggers ever created.

The Federal Air Marshal Service was testing handguns several years ago, 3 guns in .357SIG; Glock, S&W M&P, and SIG P250. The Glock had something like 9 malfunctions, the S&W had around 12, and the P250 had 58.

My field office received 10 P250’s for testing and evaluation. 9 of the 10 had repeated malfunctions. Between those 9 handguns, the malfunctions covered all 8 stages in the cycle of operations: Firing, Unlocking, Extracting, Ejecting, Cocking, Feeding, Chambering, and Locking. Some of the magazines would jam up and refuse to feed. The takedown lever acted as a heat sink. On the one P250 that we could keep running, the takedown lever got so hot it melted a hole in an evaluator’s kydex holster. Trigger was horrible, although I’ve heard that was improved later on.

The Federal Air Marshal Service was testing handguns several years ago, 3 guns in .357SIG; Glock, S&W M&P, and SIG P250. The Glock had something like 9 malfunctions, the S&W had around 12, and the P250 had 58.

My field office received 10 P250’s for testing and evaluation. 9 of the 10 had repeated malfunctions. Between those 9 handguns, the malfunctions covered all 8 stages in the cycle of operations: Firing, Unlocking, Extracting, Ejecting, Cocking, Feeding, Chambering, and Locking. Some of the magazines would jam up and refuse to feed. The takedown lever acted as a heat sink. On the one P250 that we could keep running, the takedown lever got so hot it melted a hole in an evaluator’s kydex holster. Trigger was horrible, although I’ve heard that was improved later on.
I never even considered the 250 based on the trigger. Hell I'm a sig fan, but not that one.

I'm impressed that they got past how terrible the trigger is enough to actually test the firearm. Helluva lot more than I could! The p250 has to go down as one of the biggest handgun turds from reputable manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom