• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So pissed...Hellcat OSP plate screws stripped

25EF42C5-6A07-4FC8-9EAA-93A5F7ED8D57.png

cmshoot cmshoot - would you use something like this to back out the stripped hex?

View attachment 3383081
cmshoot cmshoot - would you use something like this to back out the stripped hex?

You’re welcome to try, but if you bugger it up even more it will be even more difficult to remove.

For folks talking smack about this issue with a Hellcat, on a weekly basis I’m having to remove stripped screws from the optic mounting plates on various Glocks and SIGs.

This issue isn’t limited to the Hellcat, it’s because they’re little bitty screws. If I can’t remove a brand new, unbuggered optics screws with minimum force, I instantly go to Kroil and heat. I’ve never had an issue.

You’re welcome to try, but if you bugger it up even more it will be even more difficult to remove.

For folks talking smack about this issue with a Hellcat, on a weekly basis I’m having to remove stripped screws from the optic mounting plates on various Glocks and SIGs.

This issue isn’t limited to the Hellcat, it’s because they’re little bitty screws. If I can’t remove a brand new, unbuggered optics screws with minimum force, I instantly go to Kroil and heat. I’ve never had an issue.

yeah…maybe I should hold off and let you take a look lol

Oh I don't buy anything from Springfield Armory on principle, I avoid anti-2A companies and there's nothing they make that's superior to other options.

Going out on a limb here, but I bet dollars to doughnuts the issue was that it wasn't a torx bolt. Probably a 1/16 allen head. I ran into that same issue a few days ago. Anyhow, glad you got it out.

Back
Top Bottom