• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, the FBI chose Glocks...

And this is not just for the FBI:

From the First Amendment to the RFP:

AUTHORIZED BUYERS

In addition to the FBI, the following U.S. Government entities may purchase pistols and/or parts under the contract:

United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
United States Marshals Service
Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
United States Postal Service
United States Treasury Department
Drug Enforcement Agency
United States Capitol Police
United States Park Police
United States Department of Energy
Office of Inspector General (all Federal agencies) United States Department of Defense9

Think the SEALS went w the Glock 19

I think you're right. I like the 19, but in war I think I would prefer the 17...???...19's are popular in the states because they are small enough to conceal but big enough to fight with. In a war zone I don't think concealed carry matters. Just my initial thoughts.

The FBI could have done worse than to go with Glock. I'll bet overall costs had something to do with it.

I think you're right. I like the 19, but in war I think I would prefer the 17...???...19's are popular in the states because they are small enough to conceal but big enough to fight with. In a war zone I don't think concealed carry matters. Just my initial thoughts.

I would have thought the same thing, but apparently with chest rigs and all gear, more compact and lighter gets her done. Especially with that M4 that "might" go down- but rarely does.

Reactions: MRH
Wonder if this portends a Glock 17M/Glock 19M variant in the future for the army's MHS?

Or would that be too easy?

Wonder if this portends a Glock 17M/Glock 19M variant in the future for the army's MHS?

Or would that be too easy?

Not without strenuous, arduous, multi year testing and evaluation all at an enormous tax payer expense.

Then they would table the study...

And this is not just for the FBI:

From the First Amendment to the RFP:

AUTHORIZED BUYERS

In addition to the FBI, the following U.S. Government entities may purchase pistols and/or parts under the contract:

United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
United States Marshals Service
Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
United States Postal Service
United States Treasury Department
Drug Enforcement Agency
United States Capitol Police
United States Park Police
United States Department of Energy
Office of Inspector General (all Federal agencies) United States Department of Defense9

postal workers might encounter a dog on their route, not like they could drive away or close the door faster then the dog could do anything

i would think that the department of energy has other government agencies supplying them with security

Back
Top Bottom