• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So today at processors.

Not me.
I take so many deer there....that would add up quick in just a gut fee.

As far as my processor wanting them to be field dressed.
They’d much rather prefer you dressed it before bringing in but only if you do it right.

Especially on a busy day.

I don't remember the last one I field dressed. Processor is minutes away and charges $7. No way I'm dealing with it for that.

That ain’t bad.
Most charge $20 a pop now.

Makes for an easy drag , specially in the mountains up hill.....nice to brush up on your skills every now and then.
The more you do the easier it gets and you get to the point where you can do it in five minutes or less.

That ain’t bad.
Most charge $20 a pop now.

Makes for an easy drag , specially in the mountains up hill.....nice to brush up on your skills every now and then.
The more toy do the easier it gets.
No doubt. I'd actually have to think about it a bit at this point it's been so long. :lol:
If I had a drag, I'd dress them but I don't. Heck most of the time, if I'm alone, I get tractor, put in FEL, dump in truck, take to processor. It's so easy I almost feel guilty. I said "almost". :becky:

Just me and my old hose dragger opinion. If you can't field dress your game, you shouldn't shoot it. Notice I said "can't" not "won't". I have always taken pride in thorough field dressing, washing the body cavity out and cooling down the meat rapidly. I know, I am an old school curmudgeon.

No doubt. I'd actually have to think about it a bit at this point it's been so long. :lol:
If I had a drag, I'd dress them but I don't. Heck most of the time, if I'm alone, I get tractor, put in FEL, dump in truck, take to processor. It's so easy I almost feel guilty. I said "almost". :becky:

Man I want a tractor with a bucket and a rear Kamala so bad.

I have never took a deer in 46 yrs that wasnt field dressed before the ride in my truck. I don’t think it’s possible for me to understand that concept of not field dressing one. I assure you that if anyone hunts with me that’s part of the job. The only exception I can think of is if a person was handicapped and in wheelchair
Yep

The processor where I go to most often, told me that they prefer when the deer are not field dressed.
That is because 90% aren't field dressed properly. Dealing with leaves, dirt, partial sex organs and digestive tract pieces is more tedious than a proper field dressing.

I have never took a deer in 46 yrs that wasnt field dressed before the ride in my truck. I don’t think it’s possible for me to understand that concept of not field dressing one. I assure you that if anyone hunts with me that’s part of the job. The only exception I can think of is if a person was handicapped and in wheelchair

I hear ya.
I hunted with a buddy of mine that shot two bucks and the doe they were chasing.
He started calling his son and I asked him why...he said he is gonna have him field dress and drag it.
I was like “you’ve been hunting for 30’years and never field dressed one ?”
He said “Never had to...someone else always did it.”
I said “Well you’re gonna learn today....want to?”

He said “Sure.”

I told him I’ll do the first one and he could watch and I’ll coach him on the second two.

He did a great job and seemed pretty proud of himself....lol.

That was a hunt he will never forget.
Oh yeah and we dragged them easily.

Man I want a tractor with a bucket and a rear Kamala so bad.
giphy (6).gif

Back
Top Bottom