• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what’s the deal with pre lock?

No, we do not both know it.
Huh? I've given no political reason for preferring pre-lock Smiths, though I've used the term "Hilary Hole." And let's not forget, "balloon knot."
Puts words in my mouth and then chases it with middle school taunts.
Have already indicated I am not your errand boy, find your own damn quotes. It is not my job to convince you that the world isn't flat.
Why don't you find me proof that pre-lock revolvers are less reliable? If you cannot, I submit that the HH adds potential failure points that pre-locks don't have. Making them potentially less reliable. Maybe not appreciably so to you. I acknowledge and respect your right to your opinion. Now you try, minus the smarm.
This started off fun, now not so much. Here, have some candy.

images

If the cause of concern is the lock causing failures, then the burden of proof is on you. In the absence of such evidence it is assumed that the lock does not make the gun less reliable.

I have looked. Extensively, and the proof that the lock is in any way prone to failure, doesn’t exist. A few anecdotes, many of them later discredited, and not much else...

I don’t think that the lock impacted reliability either way. In that regard it is a non issue. I see people fearing that they might fail, but you would think that in 20 years and millions of guns sold, there would be ample evidence if there was a problem... but their isn’t.

We can close the thread now I guess, it’s run it’s course...

Back
Top Bottom