• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what’s the deal with pre lock?

I smell sophism.

Not at all... a lot of time, people just don’t like something... but simply saying that they don’t like it because they don’t like it, doesn’t seem to be enough. And so they feel like they have to construct some sort of scenario that justifies how they feel.

If someone just says that they don’t like it because Hillary, I would say ok.

When they start making up claims of failure and such, when the facts don’t bear that out... I tend to want to call them on it... when they back peddle and claim, well, it COULD happen, and even though it really hasn’t, but it could... it seems like they are just trying to make excus s for that they believe, rather than just sack up and say I simply don’t like it and that’s all the reason I need. You would get no argument from me at that point.

What kind of statistics do you need to be satisfied there is a problem, albeit a small one? What % of failures would have you change your opinion? I think it’s important to establish that 1st cause if you think it takes a 50% failure rate, you might as welll lock this thread.

brick.jpg

Not at all... a lot of time, people just don’t like something... but simply saying that they don’t like it because they don’t like it, doesn’t seem to be enough. And so they feel like they have to construct some sort of scenario that justifies how they feel.

If someone just says that they don’t like it because Hillary, I would say ok.

When they start making up claims of failure and such, when the facts don’t bear that out... I tend to want to call them on it... when they back peddle and claim, well, it COULD happen, and even though it really hasn’t, but it could... it seems like they are just trying to make excus s for that they believe, rather than just sack up and say I simply don’t like it and that’s all the reason I need. You would get no argument from me at that point.

I ain't backpeddle a damn thing.

Alright guys! He’s given y’all a base line. Some of you statisticians get to work!

If anyone works in the S&W legal department and hasn't signed a NDA, please stop what you're doing and provide the OP some statistics.

I own several S&W revolvers. None of them have internal locks. My preference is toward less recent production in general. I have never told anyone to avoid the internal locks. If someone likes newer models with internal locks, by all means, go for it. This thread has been all about finding people who don't trust internal locks so the OP could argue with them. The first post should have been written in a more honest manner.

Back
Top Bottom