• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what’s the deal with pre lock?

Show me the money! Let’s see the failure rates of their revolvers pre lock, vs after. Don’t just tell me I am wrong, show me.
No, Mr. Tidwell, I won't show you the money. Besides if I had the stats, that might put the kibosh on your love fest that we've all so enjoyed. Not knocking it, self love is an important thing. It's healthy. And keeps the hands moisturized.
Pre-lock Smiths are widely regarded as being equal to or superior to HH Smiths in build quality. This is a statement all but one in this thread will accept as truth. I find those numbers acceptable, lol.

"By whom?" comes the retort. You'll want me to cite the scripture. Find it yourself.

If it's true, then introducing an unnecessary mechanism with possible failure points in a revolver of equal or lesser build quality (forgetting the MIM stuff and superior attention to aesthetics) further detracts from the build quality of that revolver compared to its pre-lock brethren. You've acknowledged that there have been failures in the lock mechanism, choosing instead to crow about how rarely these failures occur. So ----ing what? They occur. And that occurrence is enough to tip the scales in the eyes of many enthusiasts, collectors, hunters etc. on this and other forums in favor of pre-lock smiffs. People with opinions that are of at least as much merit as yours.

No, Mr. Tidwell, I won't show you the money. Besides if I had the stats, that might put the kibosh on your love fest that we've all so enjoyed. Not knocking it, self love is an important thing. It's healthy. And keeps the hands moisturized.
Pre-lock Smiths are widely regarded as being equal to or superior to HH Smiths in build quality. This is a statement all but one in this thread will accept as truth. I find those numbers acceptable, lol.

"By whom?" comes the retort. You'll want me to cite the scripture. Find it yourself.

If it's true, then introducing an unnecessary mechanism with possible failure points in a revolver of equal or lesser build quality (forgetting the MIM stuff and superior attention to aesthetics) further detracts from the build quality of that revolver compared to its pre-lock brethren. You've acknowledged that there have been failures in the lock mechanism, choosing instead to crow about how rarely these failures occur. So ----ing what? They occur. And that occurrence is enough to tip the scales in the eyes of many enthusiasts, collectors, hunters etc. on this and other forums in favor of pre-lock smiffs. People with opinions that are of at least as much merit as yours.

Dilly Dilly!!!

87FB5CB4-0348-41BC-8742-2CE62F844E41.jpeg
SirBannedAlot SirBannedAlot fill one of these out every morning before you leave the house

They don’t occur any more than other failures and I am pretty sure we both know it.

Saying you don’t like it politically, or because they use to use different materials or finishes... all valid arguments that nobody would debate, myself included.

Claiming that the lock somehow causes more failures than the gun would otherwise have when you have no data to support it... weak sauce. There is no data so far to support a claim that pre lock Smith’s are more reliable than post lock. If the numbers say otherwise, show me.

They don’t occur any more than other failures and I am pretty sure we both know it.

Saying you don’t like it politically, or because they use to use different materials or finishes... all valid arguments that nobody would debate, myself included.

Claiming that the lock somehow causes more failures than the gun would otherwise have when you have no data to support it... weak sauce. There is no data so far to support a claim that pre lock Smith’s are more reliable than post lock. If the numbers say otherwise, show me.

No, we do not both know it.
Huh? I've given no political reason for preferring pre-lock Smiths, though I've used the term "Hilary Hole." And let's not forget, "balloon knot."
Puts words in my mouth and then chases it with middle school taunts.
Have already indicated I am not your errand boy, find your own damn quotes. It is not my job to convince you that the world isn't flat.
Why don't you find me proof that pre-lock revolvers are less reliable? If you cannot, I submit that the HH adds potential failure points that pre-locks don't have. Making them potentially less reliable. Maybe not appreciably so to you. I acknowledge and respect your right to your opinion. Now you try, minus the smarm.
This started off fun, now not so much. Here, have some candy.

images

Back
Top Bottom