• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So what’s the deal with pre lock?

Smith makes semiautos with out a lock or safety, but some how a long trigger pull heavier trigger weight revolver must have one?

Some people prefer their revolvers with no A$$ hole on the face of it.

Look at the history of the Hillary Lock and you will see its origin and the sell out of the gun owner by the then-owners. It almost caused S&W to go under.

One more thing to go wrong

Who has ever used it????

It adds to the cost

Smith makes semiautos with out a lock or safety, but some how a long trigger pull heavier trigger weight revolver must have one?

Some people prefer their revolvers with no A$$ hole on the face of it.

Look at the history of the Hillary Lock and you will see its origin and the sell out of the gun owner by the then-owners. It almost caused S&W to go under.

One more thing to go wrong

Who has ever used it????

It adds to the cost

So again, ideological more than substantial.

I don't use OnStar in my truck. It added a button to my upper console, and I will never use it and it is one more switch to break...

But I don't go searching for pre 2003 trucks when I need a new vehicle because I don't want Big Brother in my vehicle or am afraid of a switch I never plan to use, somehow managing to break, despite there being no actual reports of one ever breaking... haha

And I don’t say that to be combative. I mean quite simply, this is a largely ideological aversion to something because Hillary was somehow associated with it, and the rest seems to be unsubstantiated claims in order to justify not wanting something that mechanically, has zero issues.

People don’t like it because they feel it was forced on them and so they hyperfocus on it and blow it out of proportion, despite it having zero impact on the performance or reliability of the gun itself.

Which I get, I was just curious if people so opposed to it would at least admit it, which many have...

And I don’t say that to be combative. I mean quite simply, this is a largely ideological aversion to something because Hillary was somehow associated with it, and the rest seems to be unsubstantiated claims in order to justify not wanting something that mechanically, has zero issues.

People don’t like it because they feel it was forced on them and so they hyperfocus on it and blow it out of proportion, despite it having zero impact on the performance or reliability of the gun itself.

Which I get, I was just curious if people so opposed to it would at least admit it, which many have...

Your opinion. My opinion is different. They can and do fail.

The locks came just a few years before Smith started using MIM parts. While the lock and MIM parts may not hurt anything they certainly are not an improvement to the older generations. It's kinda a sign of the new era of lawyering and mass production the gun industry had turned into since the late 90's early 2000's.
Collectors just like it old school, and with tons of pre-lock S&W's on the market there's no need for them not to buy what they want.

I agree there's more to it than people being upset about the lock. I admire the craftsmanship of older S&W revolvers. If there's an internal lock, I know for sure the revolver wasn't produced during the time frame I'm most interested.

Your opinion. My opinion is different. They can and do fail.

Link to credible source of a number of the locks failing that is in any way significant and more than other parts failing?

I can't find any, and I spent a good bit of time looking. What I see are a lot of people predicting that they will, and explaining why they think they can... and then 15+ years of it never really happening.

Back
Top Bottom