• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what’s the deal with pre lock?

"Hey, grouchy gun guy, why don't you like locks?"

11062022_10205285375987209_6819694163868195757_n.jpg

I am just saying, that if they failed with any sort of regularity, we would know about it... Pointing out 4 or 5 claims from YouTube or Forums over a nearly two decade period containing literally millions of such firearms, is statistically insignificant... It's not like it is a 1% failure, or even a 0.01%... We are talking in the area of 0.0001% or less...

If you say you don't like how it looks, or the politics of it... I have zero rebuttal. That's your opinion, they are neither right nor wrong, they simply are.

However, if you say that the reason is "failure" and the reality is that the rate of failure isn't any more than any other part, then to me that suggests an attempt to take the first argument, to which there is no counter point, and to add something tangible to justify how you feel. Does that make sense?

I dunno, maybe subconsciously people know that such aversion to something, "Because Hillary" doesn't really make any sense or make it an inferior weapon, so they try to add something more substantial that they can point to in order to make their stance seem to have more substance than it does?

I am refuting the "failure" aspect, not whether anyone agrees with it ideologically or whether they should or should not find the lock aesthetically pleasing... It's like arguing about what the best color is... it's a matter of opinion.

But if your opinion is "supported" by a claim of "they fail" and the evidences says that they don't really fail in any meaningful numbers... THAT is what I am simply calling out, that's all.

If you just don't like them, then just don't like them... Nobody cares... If you are saying it is because of XYZ and XYZ is proven to be false... That's something else...

So bc statistically a lock wouldn't be prone to failure, we should all ignore that possibility and just buy a gun with a lock? Got it. God forbid you be the ONE who suffers a failure at the worst possible moment.

So bc statistically a lock wouldn't be prone to failure, we should all ignore that possibility and just buy a gun with a lock? Got it. God forbid you be the ONE who suffers a failure at the worst possible moment.

So its a fear of something that you feel could happen... not based on any real evidence that it would...

Perception>reality

Pre-lock guns have a different fit and finish that that of current production Smiths. They were made the older way which is not better or worse practically speaking , but arguably they have more pleasing aesthetics. For example, shinier richer bluing, especially on 1930s to 1950s smiths and all forged hammers and triggers. Also, they came with more wooden grip options out of the box. The newer guns are great also, they just are not made with the same processes since it's been decades since the employees of yesteryear made them the old way. The current workers only know the new school space age way of making stuff. There is nothing like a 1930s Registered Magnum with some old school sharp checkered wood grips and really rich bluing. It's just different.

Back
Top Bottom