• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what do I do with this baby raccoon?

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
I assume he fell out of a tree before dark yesterday and we found him. I put a heating pad under a box and left him in it with some blanket hoping mom would come back for him. He was still there this morning and I have kids so nature taking its course is not an option.
I've got him warmed up, taking a little KMR formula, and have pooped him a couple times.
Who knows how to rescue this little guy. It's on me right now but I would really like to get him in the hands of a pro. If I call animal control they'll just put him down (so I've been told) .
Any suggestions, takers?
20200530_201357.jpg
20200530_201348.jpg
20200530_201330.jpg

I bet you the farm momma tossed him out. Probably has something wrong with him.
Possibly but he seems to be healthy in cleft palate or anything. He was at the foot of a hollow tree and it was daytime is why I assume he fell.
Call dnr and they will find a rehabilitator.
They're hard to get ahold of on a Saturday night

I assume he fell out of a tree before dark yesterday and we found him. I put a heating pad under a box and left him in it with some blanket hoping mom would come back for him. He was still there this morning and I have kids so nature taking its course is not an option.
I've got him warmed up, taking a little KMR formula, and have pooped him a couple times.
Who knows how to rescue this little guy. It's on me right now but I would really like to get him in the hands of a pro. If I call animal control they'll just put him down (so I've been told) .
Any suggestions, takers?View attachment 2651417 View attachment 2651418 View attachment 2651419

Nonliberal Nonliberal Here is a PDF of all the rehabilitators in Georgia. Look for a small mammal one near your county. Hope this helps!

https://gadnrle.org/sites/default/files/le/pdf/Special-Permits/WILDLIFE REHABILITATION LIST 2020-1 Q1 .pdf

Possibly but he seems to be healthy in cleft palate or anything. He was at the foot of a hollow tree and it was daytime is why I assume he fell.

They're hard to get ahold of on a Saturday night

Seems cruel but set him back out if momma dont come for him something is wrong him and something else will. Its nature dont let human feelings get involved.

Plus the planet isnt dying for more raccoons we have plenty.

Back
Top Bottom