So what new hunting gear you gettin'.

I can honestly say there is not one thing I need. If the right trade or purchase comes along I may get another rifle, but I doubt it...I don't need one, and even if I got another one I doubt if I would ever use it. I always grab my old BAR.

I've gotta get a swivel chair for my blind. I think I might get the one from sportsmansguide.

Do any of yall have underarmour boots? They look awesome but very expensive and I want some that last.
Basspro has one with three adjustable legs that I have been thinking about getting for the times I'm up in an elevated box stand at my friends place. Had been on sale for $80 but its back up to $100. Of all the ones I looked at it had the features I liked best. Would love to have one of the Millennium chairs (I have one of their climbers) but I'm too cheap to drop $200 on a chair.

I already bought another crossbow (Scorpyd Ventilator) and was lucky enough to get to use it already. Doesn't make a deer any more dead than my Excalibur, but like guns, you can't ever have enough.
I did break down this week and finally sprang for a good pair of binoculars. Zeiss Conquest 10x42. Hopefully I will see a big difference in the woods compared to the various cheap ones I have used over the many years.

Since I have two food plots in my spot where I hunt on my lease right behind my house (609 acres/10 members), I built my self another shooting house, about 80% of it by myself. It was tough because I'm disabled with a bad back and hip, but I knew it would make my hunts alot more comfortable versus sitting in a ladder stand. I'm so glad that I'm finally done, it's in a pine forest and my other is on a beautiful hardwood ridge. Hopefully I'll feel like hunting more than ever before since I'm not working. I've got two new (to me) rifles to try out this year too, can't wait until mid October! In one of the pics is a ladder stand I hunted out of last season, but it's going to be moved to another hot spot....... The last pic is the view from my new shooting house.

Attachments

• 20160913_091015.jpg
    20160913_091015.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20160909_091632.jpg
    20160909_091632.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20151112_161615.jpg
    20151112_161615.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom