• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Great looking scooter shaneadams90 shaneadams90 !!

All of you guys here have some really nice bikes , I really got to get a new one and get back to riding again.
I thought I would be ok after I had some issues with spine injuries/surgeries, etc., but I have found myself wanting to get back on one really bad these last few months .
I guess once it is in your blood, you can’t just “turn it off” and stop riding ! Lol. Been at it since I was a kid, hit the streets at 15 (legally) with the learners license and it was ‘ALL IN’ from there !

(Great pics too !)
It's definitely a disease! I should be dead on several accounts from these things but I keep ridin 'em. Don't have kids yet so that could change... Or I'll just ride track only for a while.

Haven’t had a chance to ride with it yet because of all this rain. But if the responses I’ve gotten on social media are any indication, it’s going to be. I’m hoping to find out Thursday.
I've been through several rf700-rf800 orange helmets and countless ears/tails. One set made it from stockbridge to Baltimore and back w/o falling off. Lots of waves and picture taking in S.Carolina.
rf800.jpeg

All of you guys here have some really nice bikes , I really got to get a new one and get back to riding again.
I thought I would be ok after I had some issues with spine injuries/surgeries, etc., but I have found myself wanting to get back on one really bad these last few months .
I guess once it is in your blood, you can’t just “turn it off” and stop riding ! Lol. Been at it since I was a kid, hit the streets at 15 (legally) with the learners license and it was ‘ALL IN’ from there !

(Great pics too !)

Get's in your blood is an understatement...Back in 2005 I sold my last motorcycle....my sons were toddlers time constraints were REALLY ramping up...before I took the cash and gave the guy the title I looked back at wife and said:

"you DO KNOW this is NOT my last motorcycle...I'm just in between motorcycles....right? He's my witness." it wasn't until March of 2020 that I FINALLY made good on my promise and bought a buddies cherry 2008 BMW r1200GS...I put 14K miles on it in a little less than 16 months and sold it to a friend...

I had intended on buying another GS, a newer R1250GS...but then I rode the Ducati...I will be back on a GS for sure...but the Ducati sure is fun.

I've been through several rf700-rf800 orange helmets and countless ears/tails. One set made it from stockbridge to Baltimore and back w/o falling off. Lots of waves and picture taking in S.Carolina.
View attachment 5046823
What are you using to glue them on with ? Epoxy ? Super glue? I’m curious-
And are you just finding a tiger stuffed animal like at a toy store ??

What are you using to glue them on with ? Epoxy ? Super glue? I’m curious-
And are you just finding a tiger stuffed animal like at a toy store ??
Rider Warehouse (aerostitch) had them initially then found on several websites. Its been about 2 years since rode with them on. ...and a year since ive rode.:((i sold all my bikes except an XB12 and it needs a stator. (on my list of things to do)
And believe it or not the suction cups held surprisingly tight.

Rider Warehouse (aerostitch) had them initially then found on several websites. Its been about 2 years since rode with them on. ...and a year since ive rode.:((i sold all my bikes except an XB12 and it needs a stator. (on my list of things to do)
And believe it or not the suction cups held surprisingly tight.
Yep, I have not had a bike for about 7+ yrs now. I am missing one terribly too ! I used to ride every day I could , to school, work, store, just for grins , anywhere and everywhere !
I loved it when I turned 15 and you could get a learners for a cycle…it gave me complete freedom ! I didn’t have to have anyone with me, I could go as long as I didn’t hit the highways. Only thing was you couldn’t ride at night….but I did sometimes anyway , lol.
My folks raised us kids on cycles….even my mother rode. Almost every Sunday we would hit it somewhere , weather permitting.
Unfortunately a while back I had to have some spinal surgery and sold my street ride and just haven’t gotten back to getting another. I plan on getting something soon though !
Hopefully before summer. (As long as these seizures hold out and I don’t have to quit driving or riding altogether !!)

(Great pics too !)
I know it’s not the same for everybody, but my Doc told me to keep riding if I wanted to and that it would help build the muscles around the hardware. I can’t go off-road like I want , but found a nice lightweight cruiser and upgraded the suspension. Note: I don’t want responsibility for anyone hurting themselves. I’ve put about as many miles on motorcycles as cars/trucks in my lifetime, so that may make a difference too? I know broken down Cowboys that “say” they’re more comfortable on a horse than in a vehicle…. Something to balance for sure. Now the whole family ride’s; scary .

I know it’s not the same for everybody, but my Doc told me to keep riding if I wanted to and that it would help build the muscles around the hardware. I can’t go off-road like I want , but found a nice lightweight cruiser and upgraded the suspension. Note: I don’t want responsibility for anyone hurting themselves. I’ve put about as many miles on motorcycles as cars/trucks in my lifetime, so that may make a difference too? I know broken down Cowboys that “say” they’re more comfortable on a horse than in a vehicle…. Something to balance for sure. Now the whole family ride’s; scary .
Yep, I feel like it would be good to get back on one. I don’t think it would be uncomfortable at all. All I need is to get the $$ up and find one I like. I rode street bikes since I was 15 (legally) and before that without the lic. and off road.
My mother used to carry me to the grocery store on her bike and I would ride back with a bag of groceries under each arm while packed between her and the back-rest ! LMAO !
I just grew up around them, both my parents and my brothers riding every day the weather allowed. On weekends it was constantly riding in the mountains, stopping at all the little fairs, side shops, or whatever there was going on.
It was how my family ‘bonded’ I guess ! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom