• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So who thinks the Ford/GM 10 speed....

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
is going to be a huge piece of ****? I say piece of ****. FCA's 8 and 9 speeds were junk. A 10 speed just seems like too many moving parts, and Ford is rushing it to production in the 2017 F-150's.

I think they will regret this one.

All about fuel economy

I do like Dodge 8speed they did good job I just hate twist knob

Heavy duty truck 6 speeds plenty and working well

Yea, one of my co-workers has a Ram with the twist knob, not a fan myself.

I think is Ford is gonna make it worse by coupling the 10 spd with the "auto start/stop engine" in traffic thing. They "expect" about 15% better gas mileage. And it'll cost owners thousands more in maintenance, in all likelihood.

The 5/6 speeds in most cars are tried and true, and I think a lot of people will buy into the '17 F-150 "improvements" and then regret it when they eat thousands in repair costs. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'll eat my words. But I bet things go south really fast once those trucks see upwards of 100k.

Ford can't even do six speed right.

what year model are we talking about ??

I have seen 100s rolling thru shop and I have to admit we have replaced /rebuilt trans on 10-12 models but these are most fleet vehicles driving like they stole them and lots lots idle times

miles range from 80- 140k

I have fixed drivetrain vibrating and clunking by adding grease to the 2 pc joint , but transmissions are on slim side and I see these 3 or so a day

the 5.0 and eco boost with 6 speeds doing well but all in your driving habbits and how you keep maintenance too

chevy has few issues with their 6 speeds for sure other the the ol mighty allison beast , those are great

Well I guess they're really ****ed since GM "helped" with the design. GM has been ****ing up four speed autos since the late 80's/early 90's.

turbo400 always my favorite trans and turbo350 , even the sluggish 700r4 was great with few upgrades
the 4l60 was ok , liked the 4l80e
the new **** , Ill pass
n

2015 5.0. F150 It's a clunky thumping miss shifting beeatch. They replaced the main control and it helped some. It used to shudder shift up, now it shudders down 2 to 1. I took it again and my guess is they reset it because it got better for awhile. I'm not even sure what I would trade it for if I had to.

2015 5.0. F150 It's a clunky thumping miss shifting beeatch. They replaced the main control and it helped some. It used to shudder shift up, now it shudders down 2 to 1. I took it again and my guess is they reset it because it got better for awhile. I'm not even sure what I would trade it for if I had to.

I own one never had issue

Work on them daily

They had a flash to increase pressure they did have a torque convertor issue
They have tsb for this for date code on inspection if stamped 14 then needs replacing

So better check before out warranty

The update software fixed 90% those issues

The 2 pc driveshaft sucks I have 1 pc

Back
Top Bottom