• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Social Security could = no gun ownership

Backwards thinking. If you think taking back what you were forced to put in is living off the gubment teet then you are wrong.
not quite, I know there are a lot of people who depend on SS for there primary income, most of whom will take more from the system than they ever contributed in the first place. That is living off the "teet".
If you were to receive a portion of the funds you contribute +/- accrued interest and admin costs much like a 401K then I would agree but unfortunately it is not.

Backwards thinking. If you think taking back what you were forced to put in is living off the gubment teet then you are wrong.

I don't completely agree with him but I see his point. He is just saying that instead of calling it social security call it what its really become, just another tax that ended up getting added to the general tax pool since it doesn't only fund social security anymore and is fixing to bankrupt anyway. I see this as just another way to keep people from even filing to collect on their social security

It's a ****ed up view of people taking back what should never have been taken in the first place. If the government was concerned with peoples retirement they would have adopted one of the programs that set peoples money into a genuine 401K style fund where they could influence the direction of the investments and where the money would NOT be absorbed into the pocket of greedy politicians who misuse every penny they can get their hands on. If people were able to INVEST their social security instead of loaning it to the government then they wouldn't need to take back more than what they were owed.

Social security, by it's mandatory contributions, is the ONE program that does NOT qualify as a government handout. So the entire "government teat" argument is horse ****.

couple of you are missing the point. There are many reasons you can apply for SS benefits. I'm not saying that the guy working in a mill 40 years and then retires is living off the teet. He has payed his fair share and more than likely will not receive all the money he payed into the system during his career.
"About 2.7 million people are now receiving disability payments from Social Security for mental health problems" quoted from the article, it's these people who are maybe just maybe playing it up a little just to get a check. "Crazy check" as it often referred.
Maybe I just have a distorted view of reality.

couple of you are missing the point. There are many reasons you can apply for SS benefits. I'm not saying that the guy working in a mill 40 years and then retires is living off the teet. He has payed his fair share and more than likely will not receive all the money he payed into the system during his career.
"About 2.7 million people are now receiving disability payments from Social Security for mental health problems" quoted from the article, it's these people who are maybe just maybe playing it up a little just to get a check. "Crazy check" as it often referred.
Maybe I just have a distorted view of reality.

AH. Gotcha. I was thinking of the retiree not the "tired of looking for a job and my unemployment ran out SSI freeloader". The boom in SSI freeloaders is still a relatively new phenomenon. The explosion was caused by the Obama administration looking for ways to reduce the recorded unemployment numbers without actually having jobs to put people in.

AH. Gotcha. I was thinking of the retiree not the "tired of looking for a job and my unemployment ran out SSI freeloader". The boom in SSI freeloaders is still a relatively new phenomenon. The explosion was caused by the Obama administration looking for ways to reduce the recorded unemployment numbers without actually having jobs to put people in.
No sir, my granddad is just that example. He retired from a paper mill, 40+ years at 65, died at 72, my grandmother shortly there after. They never saw even a portion of what they contributed.
I believe the SS was implemented with the best of intentions, but as we see now in it's current state of affairs, it's corrupt. And not only corrupt by fraud, but by the gun-grabbers trying to back-door their agenda by denying you 2A rights if you don't comply.

I guess I am one of those 70 year old codgers on SS that are unable to manage their finances. The money I receive from SS gets spent on guns and ammo--I can't help myself as the urge to own toys is too strong. I do have other income that pays the bills. I will be sad, as they will, when they come around to take away my guns.

I guess I am one of those 70 year old codgers on SS that are unable to manage their finances. The money I receive from SS gets spent on guns and ammo--I can't help myself as the urge to own toys is too strong. I do have other income that pays the bills. I will be sad, as they will, when they come around to take away my guns.

You could just give them to me. I'll take real good care of em old timer.:hat:

No sir, my granddad is just that example. He retired from a paper mill, 40+ years at 65, died at 72, my grandmother shortly there after. They never saw even a portion of what they contributed.
I believe the SS was implemented with the best of intentions, but as we see now in it's current state of affairs, it's corrupt. And not only corrupt by fraud, but by the gun-grabbers trying to back-door their agenda by denying you 2A rights if you don't comply.

First few comments, didn't really understand where you were coming from. Now I got'cha and concur. Too many folks on SS that hasn't contributed and living off the gov. dime wasn't what SS was intended for.

social security is a scam. pooling earned money together is a scam.

why would anyone trust the government to invest for their future? social retirement and savings programs are stupid and have only hold back the individual.

i would gladly not take any social security if it meant i didnt have to pay into it. but its a scam, know how you can tell? because you are forced to participate. same with ACA

Back
Top Bottom