• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

I returned the Jackery 1500 Solar Gen back to Jackery. It looked and appeared to be a well built solid unit. The only reason that I got it was in case electric power was out for an extended period of time - many days or weeks. I needed a unit that would charge fairly rapidly from the two 320 watt solar panels that I have, and maybe power a crockpot at the same time.

It was very disappointing when I connected 640 watts of solar power to the unit for recharging, and it would only take a total of 240 watts - 120 watts from each panel. It is listed as taking 500 watts from solar panels. I contacted Jackery, and they said it was operating per design.

I am thinking about getting a Bluetti AC200 Max solar generator. It is a new offering from Bluetti. If past performance is a guide, it will be buggy when first released.

2048wh, 2200 watt continuous, and two external batteries can be added if wanted.

I decided to get the Bluetti AC300 solar gen. I order it and won't receive it for several weeks - maybe in November. I figured with computer chips getting so scarce that I had better order now. The inverter unit does not have an internal battery. The base unit comes with Qty(1) external battery and another 3 can be added for additional energy storage.

AC300_B300_-3.jpg

Base AC 300 with one B300 battery pack.

Back
Top Bottom