• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Soldiers and Sailors memorial auditorium in Chattanooga Tn. - worth going to a show there?

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to the Soldiers and Sailors auditorium in Chattanooga for a concert? Thinking about going to the Blackberry Smoke show there on Dec 31 but have never heard of the place. Is it a Fox theater vibe or more of the Tabernacle? Or neither?

Been their many of times.

Tivoli or Soldiers and Sailors auditorium in Chattanooga f are the two places for shows in Chattanooga. (universal joint is close and pretty good food). Also if you want burgers I really like Jack browns (both are super close).

to be the tabernacle is not the same type of venue (little more raw). Never been to Fox Theater (I would think it and the tivoli would be close).

I know Tivoli has metal detectors and can't carry a knife in last time I went, not for sure about this place now.

Thanks

Tivoli or Soldiers and Sailors auditorium in Chattanooga f are the two places for shows in Chattanooga. (universal joint is close and pretty good food). Also if you want burgers I really like Jack browns (both are super close).

to be the tabernacle is not the same type of venue (little more raw). Never been to Fox Theater (I would think it and the tivoli would be close).

I know Tivoli has metal detectors and can't carry a knife in last time I went, not for sure about this place now.

Thanks
No knives/weapons. I hid my knife outside during the show, didn't wanna trek back to the car. Lol

Thanks

Never been to Jack Browns. We usually hit Champys on MLK for Cheekun and Tamales. May give Jacks a try this trip.

Jacks burgers are simple but some of my favorite. (Friend Oreo for desert is great). Also you can just park once and eat then go to the show.

If you feel like parking twice here are some other things on main street that are good if you have not tried them.

The feed table (free parking print the ticket and give to the wait staff)
Monty (get the fried Brussels for appetizer and thank me later)
Clyde’s (I like the brisket nachos)
State of confusion (always good)
Main Street meat (local butcher with good food very nice on the inside)
Thai on main
Taqueria Jalisco (love the street style tacos)

Not on main
Scottie’s on the River (free street parking for quite a few cars, great salmon and fish and chips, crab burger is good too)
Parkway pourhouse

If you want to go to the north shore the sushi nabe has great bento boxes and amazing egg drop soup (it’s worth the 4 dollar up charge)

I’m sure y’all will have a blast!

All the stuff on main basically is food(slicks is not my favorite personally).

Champys is fun but it’s also fun to try some new things.

Jacks burgers are simple but some of my favorite. (Friend Oreo for desert is great). Also you can just park once and eat then go to the show.

If you feel like parking twice here are some other things on main street that are good if you have not tried them.

The feed table (free parking print the ticket and give to the wait staff)
Monty (get the fried Brussels for appetizer and thank me later)
Clyde’s (I like the brisket nachos)
State of confusion (always good)
Main Street meat (local butcher with good food very nice on the inside)
Thai on main
Taqueria Jalisco (love the street style tacos)

Not on main
Scottie’s on the River (free street parking for quite a few cars, great salmon and fish and chips, crab burger is good too)
Parkway pourhouse

If you want to go to the north shore the sushi nabe has great bento boxes and amazing egg drop soup (it’s worth the 4 dollar up charge)

I’m sure y’all will have a blast!

All the stuff on main basically is food(slicks is not my favorite personally).

Champys is fun but it’s also fun to try some new things.

You just gave me a whole to do list! Thanks man. We usually hit Mikes Smokehouse, Pucketts and The Boathouse. Definitely going to try some of these new spots.

Sorry forgot a couple more........(i'll try to shut up now lol)

Daily Ration- (more hippie, but actually really good as well)
Tremont (bar and food, the gouda burger is really amazing too).
Conga Latin Food (good and great limades that are huge)

Pizzeria Cortile (my FAV pizza joint pretty sure they get the sausage from mainstreet meets)
Goodfellas Pizzeria (good pizzza and mega cool on the inside can be loud)
Nic & Norman’s Chattanooga (in the choo choo)
Stir (in the choo choo)
Agave & Rye (interesting tacos)
Embargo 62 (Cuban)

Places I have heard are great but not tried:

St. John's Restaurant (Date more $$$$$)
Opa! Greek Restaurant (heard amazing things about this one)
Old Gilman Grill (heard this was good, looks like maybe little expensive and good date place)
Flying Squirrel (more of a bar, but they do have food)
Alimentari Cucina e Bar (at the westin)
westin has a bar/food on close to the top floor
I want to try Bela Lisoba heard good things (https://goo.gl/maps/HdqyyzeRfVvY1Aa87)

Chattanooga finally has a good selection of NON chain food that is decent.

Always feel free to PM me if I can help :)

Sorry forgot a couple more........(i'll try to shut up now lol)

Daily Ration- (more hippie, but actually really good as well)
Tremont (bar and food, the gouda burger is really amazing too).
Conga Latin Food (good and great limades that are huge)

Pizzeria Cortile (my FAV pizza joint pretty sure they get the sausage from mainstreet meets)
Goodfellas Pizzeria (good pizzza and mega cool on the inside can be loud)
Nic & Norman’s Chattanooga (in the choo choo)
Stir (in the choo choo)
Agave & Rye (interesting tacos)
Embargo 62 (Cuban)

Places I have heard are great but not tried:

St. John's Restaurant (Date more $$$$$)
Opa! Greek Restaurant (heard amazing things about this one)
Old Gilman Grill (heard this was good, looks like maybe little expensive and good date place)
Flying Squirrel (more of a bar, but they do have food)
Alimentari Cucina e Bar (at the westin)
westin has a bar/food on close to the top floor
I want to try Bela Lisoba heard good things (https://goo.gl/maps/HdqyyzeRfVvY1Aa87)

Chattanooga finally has a good selection of NON chain food that is decent.

Always feel free to PM me if I can help :)

I may gain 10 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom