• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some of the Costco deals

harrycalahan harrycalahan
I'm the same way. i'm pretty sure these things don't even have ballasts and don't look to be bulb replaceable from what i can tell just plug in and go. 5' of cord. has a female adapter on the other end to add additional ones on

Some of the cheaper ballasts are temperature rated for warm conditions. These will not work in a cool area of the house, basements, garages, etc. Seems like I remember 60 degrees and warmer.

harrycalahan harrycalahan
I'm the same way. i'm pretty sure these things don't even have ballasts and don't look to be bulb replaceable from what i can tell just plug in and go. 5' of cord. has a female adapter on the other end to add additional ones on
No ballast. These are just big diodes.

bambam bambam I don't have any idea what temp mine are rated for. My basement never gets below 64. If they need warmer than that, they should not market them as shop lights. They should market them as "VERY temperature sensitive temperamental occasional lights". My dad lined his whole paint booth with them in his basement back in around 1998 or so. He used the same $10 shop lights that HD/Lowes sold at the time. We never had one of those quit. And they don't buzz, hum or take 5 min's to get warmed up before they light up. You flip the switch and they're on.

Back
Top Bottom