Some pics of my dad 101st

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Going through some photo albums recently and I found these pictures of my dad taken in the late 60's. During that time he was stationed in Ethiopia where he began his army career as a convoy guard. In actuality, he guarded the Royal Palace and was part of a US led coalition that would help to curtail the drug trade. He spent the last two and a half years of the 60's in 101st Airborne in Vietnam for almost three tours.

This is an article from Stars and Stripes in 1967. My dad is in the picture on the right. He's on the far right standing. He says that Vietnam was almost easy compared to the daily firefights they encountered in Ethiopia.
i212.photobucket.com_albums_cc81_jbabbler_milsurplus_vn3.jpg

He is also featured in this article.
i212.photobucket.com_albums_cc81_jbabbler_milsurplus_africa1.jpg

This is an article he sent home. His handwritten note can be seen at the bottom. He wanted to save this one for his scrapbook.
i212.photobucket.com_albums_cc81_jbabbler_milsurplus_vn2.jpg

This picture shows my dad firing a 50cal (I believe). He was an E5 in the 101st Airborne at this time and spent two tours in Vietnam.

i212.photobucket.com_albums_cc81_jbabbler_milsurplus_VN.jpg

Last edited:
You should be proud. I know I would. He probably didn't get thanks enough for his service to this country. Thanks for sharing the cool pics.

Back
Top Bottom