Some pics of my dad 101st

I got a chance to shoot with my dad this weekend. I asked him if he wanted to shoot my AR and, to my surprise, he did. He hasn't held an AR in 40+ years but when he shouldered it his hands knew where everything was and he handled the rifle like he shoots one everyday. It was awesome to get to shoot with the old man again.

:thumb:

Last edited:
I absolutely enjoy seeing old service pictures and these are cool.

I wanted to give my Dad a framed picture of himself in his Army days and I looked through old albums for 3 days before I finally found what I was looking for. Him sitting in the back of a Jeep with his .30 cal.

Thanks for sharing these. They are very cool man.

I got a chance to shoot with my dad this weekend. I asked him if he wanted to shoot my AR and, to my surprise, he did. He hasn't held an AR in 40+ years but when he shouldered it his hands knew where everything was and he handled the rifle like he shoots one everyday. It was awesome to get to shoot with the old man again.

That is awesome sir, take every chance you can get to spend time with your dad. Lost mine to cancer last year and I miss him alot. Thank him for his service and make sure to tell him how much you love him.

Man this is one of the coolest posts I've seen since being on ODT. What a great thing to honor your dad that way! I would love to get my father to go to the range with me sometime but he nearly blew his foot off with a 30-06 when he was five years old then pretty much swore off guns forever except for when he was required to qualify every so often in the Air Force :(

Back
Top Bottom