• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some reviews!

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
Ran my ar today so now I can give an honest review on everything.

First, the c3 defense billet lower. Fit and finish was near perfect, has the built in anti slop adjustment (didn't need it) and stainless insert for the pistol grip screw.
Coupled with the psa/Moe lower, everything went without a hickup. Take down pins are tight and the last few threads of the grip screw was really tight, other than that, beautiful.

Palmetto state armory midlength upper. For a fairly newcomer to the game, these guys build quality. Fn barrel and the upper reciever both had an excellent fit and finish.
Heads down bolt carrier group was tight in the upper, once fully assembled I sprayed the crap out of it with clp and charged it several times which definitley smoothed things out.
Now for range time, the barska scope surprised me at how well it did for a low end scope. Didn't fully zero it as some jackhead was using the benchrest table as his gun holder so I was monopodding off the pistol grip while leaning against the stall. At 25 yards I got a quarter sized grouping even with a wobbly platform, and a scope shooting slightly low. 60 rounds down range with absolutely no hiccups, using pmc bronze 223. Between the heavy barrel and other weight of the gun, along with the midlength gas system, this thing recoils like a 22lr. Barely resting it on my shoulder it didn't push my carhartt coat in enough for me to feel it.
All in all, my frankenbuild is perfect, except for my big ass scope, I may switch to a lower power optic, this scope is a full retard scope.

i43.tinypic.com_53wdqv.jpg

Well thanks and have fun with it.I shot my AR thursday.everything worked,red dot was a hoot.No worries.

Nice!

I wish I could get in some range time this weekend... maybe tomorrow.
My wife originally told me no gun stuff this weekend, but she felt bad for me working late and being exhausted yesterday so she told me to go. Plus all I had to pay for was ammo, still got free passes :)

Back
Top Bottom