Something that you may not have known about Macgyver

I hated that show, the kicker was when he made a laser out of a watch glass, to explode the shell in a shotgun several yards away...
Yeah his anti gun stance is pretty well known.

Yep Macgyver was a very anti-gun show. I remember one episode where he over took a bad guy, acquired his handgun and threw it in a a body of water commenting on how he hated guns. The A-team while not anti-gun show was an anti-violence show. If my memory serves me correctly there was only one scene in one show where the viewers actually show someone shot with a gun. While the A-team did use guns, the bad guys were generally over taken by contraptions very similar to those that Macgyver used. These shows came around with the anti-gun movements that were growing strong as we moved through the 80's and on the hills of such shows as "Mike Hammer", "Crime Story," "Riptide", "Miami Vice", "Simon and Simon" among others. If you think about it, even Magnum PI wasn't all pro-gun. While he carried a gun, he didn't carry it all the time and never carried it properly when he did.

I remember that many were calling for the last show of Miami Vice to be banned from public TV because the finale had something like 300+ violent scenes in it. Now we just give our kids Video Games with X rated violent content in them.

Luke

Did you watch the CNN interview?

Im more inclined to believe whoever funded the show ie. the Producer or producers were the actual anti-gun activist. Especially back then when a Actor had had no control of the script. But whatever. He is free to make a choice. So in real life I hope he is capable of inventing a device out of a shoe string and foot powder that will ward off a bad guy:D

One of my favorite Macgyver things when I was a teen was a mad magazine "lighter side" where they showed Macgyver making things out of other things .... like a power skateboard out of a motorcycle and a scooter out of a new cadillac :D

never watched the show

i saw macgruber (spoof of macgyver), which was funny because in one scene a guy tried to hand him a gun and he said "no, i dont use guns"

other guys says "why the hell not" he repsonds "i dont know how"

then he ends up using two sub machine guns and gets real excited and says "holy crap that was so much easier"

Last edited:
Isn't RDA a canadian? If so, that would explain a lot. Gun rights are pretty much non-existent there.

Back
Top Bottom