• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sometimes I worry about my County Government !!! ( AHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! )

chromedome82

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I began the task of getting my Form 4's signed for my new Kodiak TL and when the Chief of Police went to sign them he didn't have a clue what a "suppressor" was. Then he said you mean a "silencer" like in the movies.

So next I get to the Sheriffs office to get fingerprinted. Low and behold the think I should be locked up for wanting to get fingerprinted. The jailer that was doing the fingerprints told me that she would do it but she "KNEW" the ATF would send it back because the had to be scanned and not inked.... Holy Sh@t you have to be kidding me.

Finally after a combined total of 4 hours of educating my local law enforcement on the process of form 4's I have completed the paperwork. Is there anyone else out there that has dealt with this lack of knowledge in class III etiquette or did I just catch all the wrong people?

Don't feel bad, when I went to get my paw prints taken for my GFL, the people at the sheriffs office couldn't figure out how to work the electronic fingerprint machine... after about 30 mins they gave up and took my prints the old fashioned way.

Yea, when I went to for my GFL they had just received the new print scanner and tried to blame me for breaking it. Supposedly I touched it the wrong way... Freakin hilarious, I touched the "finger" print scanner and broke it...

The Chief of Police for Dalton is a great guy. Of course I am assuming its Dalton. I do not know how you can expect a Chief of police to know all of the federal laws. Did we know before we started collecting NFA stuff? I have been shooting for over 30 years. and up till 5 years ago I had no idea about suppressing guns was legal.

Now as for a Deputy stating fact and being wrong. Thats just ignorance.

Good luck with your form 4. You picked the one of the best cans out there. Plus David is a hell of a guy....and if anyone is going by his shop via Dalton let me know. I need to give him my Rem 700...

Back
Top Bottom