• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sorry Son of a *****

wdawg249

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
I took a look at my checking account this morning and some son of a ***** had hit me for almost $650 in unauthorized payments!

I just spent the last 45 minutes on the phone making a claim and suspending my account. Watch your money boys.

Last edited:
Hopefully your bank can take care of you.. I had similar woes with a karate school my son was going to. I ended up down about $400, with nothing I could do about it.

I got hit once too. First it was a $2.80 charge then 2 days later it was $28.00. I caught it and got the debit card canceled before it could get worse. I opened a second account and only keep about $5 in it unless I am going to make a purchase. Then I put in the exact amount I'm going to spend. The debit card for that account is the only one I use online. ID theft sucks and I'd be fine with capital punishmend for it.

Good luck getting your money returned.

I got hit with a crap load of unauthorized charges about a year ago. Several thousand dollars worth. Fortunately my bank covered it after a minor investigation. If anyone is interested my bank is Bank of America.

This has happen to me and my wife twice. Banks are generally good about returning money from unauthorized withdrawals. It's that line of credit they open up after they steal your ID that is a hassle. Have a credit check done to insure that you don't have any loans that you don't know about.

Hope you get everything straightened out. My inlaws were hit last year over the course of a weekend and she couldn't get it stopped until that following monday. The total damage with overdraft fees was about $3000. Found out that there was several people who shopped at the same establishment on the same day, that had their identity stolen. Someone hacked their system for a short period of time on that day. Report it to the cops so they can see if there is a pattern in the reports and maybe they can catch the sorry sob.

You really have to be careful these days. I only use my debit card for something where I pay and walk out with an item right there. I never use it online. Here are a couple of place to watch out for

-Gas pump "skimmers" can read your card as you scan to pay for gas:
http://healdsburg.towns.pressdemocrat.com/2011/06/news/beware-of-gas-pump-skimmers/

-And this one is really evil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firesheep

-It works by stealing the cookies your computer sends out on a wifi network. It can impersonate you on pretty much any site when it has those cookies. Very easy for crooks to steal your stuff! (Or also impersonate you on Facebook, or even the ODT!)

-This may help for wifi networks:
http://hotspotshield.com/

-Personally, I never do any financial stull unless I am at home, on my hardwired network. Just too scary.

-The crooks are everywhere, and it gets worse every day!

Last edited:
We check our account everyday because we had someone try to take $330.00 out of our account , we called the bank right away and got new cards but it was pending for 3 days then droped off, the bank said it happens alot.

Back
Top Bottom