• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

southside ATL SHTF club

Think the up side to a group would be defense....Not that there is a pefect solution short of a bunker or personal space ship but it's gonna be damn hard to defend against the masses with the family.

True, which is why you group with people you have known for a while. Not just a group of fellas you met of the internet.

Ive had a few people ask me about this very subject. Im sorry to say that if the SHTF you better stay away from my house. Clayton county is a mess now, much less in SHTF situation. I can only look out for me and mine. The more people you team up with, the more mouths there are to feed. Not going to happen.

That is what I been trying to tell people.
If it ever get truely rough you will not be able to trust anyone.

That is what I been trying to tell people.
If it ever get truely rough you will not be able to trust anyone.

some people you will trust. I guess if you meet people like the op is doing and REALLY get to know them you will be in good shape. It really helps if one is a DR and the other a dentist! Thats money in the bank.

We all have to do what we feel is best and I wish you all success if it ever does hit the fan. Personally, I think the folks who think it's best to stand alone with their families are in deep trouble long term. Maybe in the short term you can protect yourselves and families but I honestly believe that long-term we are going to HAVE to become members of some form of community in order to survive. The obstacles and challenges of survival without a civilized society are just too great for most modern people. Especially when you add in the dangers of roaming scavengers and opportunists that will be constant dangers to anyone.

I think Billrube made some excellent points. Words of wisdom.

some people you will trust. I guess if you meet people like the op is doing and REALLY get to know them you will be in good shape. It really helps if one is a DR and the other a dentist! Thats money in the bank.

True, but there is not one person here that can say the will not take from someone else "in a shtf situation" to save the life of,
feed,or protect someone they love.

Think of it like this: "worst case senario" You have a very close family member ,friend ,or YOURSELF that needs med X to get better and survive.The only people left with med X in distance to help is 2 other families.

They both need the meds for their families. Even though you think one of the others is too far gone, do you let them give the last of the
med X to that person or try and take it for someone you know it will help?

If things got real bad i'm looking out for me and mines ,not you and your's!!! you wouldn't be able to trust many cause if you got something they want , they will probably do whatever it takes to get it and you would do the same!

True, but there is not one person here that can say the will not take from someone else "in a shtf situation" to save the life of,
feed,or protect someone they love.

Think of it like this: "worst case senario" You have a very close family member ,friend ,or YOURSELF that needs med X to get better and survive.The only people left with med X in distance to help is 2 other families.

They both need the meds for their families. Even though you think one of the others is too far gone, do you let them give the last of the
med X to that person or try and take it for someone you know it will help?

Very good points. This is why its best to have med kits and any meds the people of your group needs. Cause the odds are if you do run across those people with med X... they will not give it to you without taking it by force. Just saying.

To the original poster - good for you. But be careful.

Those that rely on their little family huddles will do just fine for a limitied SHTF scenario. But long term - I doubt it.

Heck, just one bad guy in your perimeter can make life miserable and possibly end your existance. Try to imagine a dozen well armed theives doing this for the hundreth time as they approach your residence. Frankly, if you're a specop veteran I'd put your chances at 1 in 10 if you have 4 or less people in the house.

If you think you can manage sourcing food, maintain a constant vigilence 24X7, manage communications, water supplies, medical care and do all the other dozens of things you'll need to do to survive without group support - good luck to you.

As for disagreements within a group, that's why you elect a group leader. Everyone gets a vote but the group leader gets two. It's not a democracy but pretty close to it. All members chip in and act as a leader in a specialty area like medical, food management, security, farming/gardening, etc. Group supplies are maintained in separate households until the whole group comes together - or they are staged in an advance location under lock and key without common access (better approach). Very few arguments that way since each item is a group members personal property until necessity requires it for the use of the group if the SHTF. You really need a set of governing documents that everyone agrees to.

I find it kind of dumb that the government would be watching preppers, but that's the world we live in. What was common 100 years ago and created strong communities is now considered suspicious behavior. 99.9% of the prepper community is not in the hardcore survivalist/antigovernment camp - We're just taking care of our families and making sure we don't have to rely on the government for relief aid or security. The government isn't inspiring confidence in it's ability to deal with a major SHTF situation - can't even manage a freaking budget.

Getting off my soapbox now.

To the original poster - good for you. But be careful.

Those that rely on their little family huddles will do just fine for a limitied SHTF scenario. But long term - I doubt it.

Heck, just one bad guy in your perimeter can make life miserable and possibly end your existance. Try to imagine a dozen well armed theives doing this for the hundreth time as they approach your residence. Frankly, if you're a specop veteran I'd put your chances at 1 in 10 if you have 4 or less people in the house.

If you think you can manage sourcing food, maintain a constant vigilence 24X7, manage communications, water supplies, medical care and do all the other dozens of things you'll need to do to survive without group support - good luck to you.

As for disagreements within a group, that's why you elect a group leader. Everyone gets a vote but the group leader gets two. It's not a democracy but pretty close to it. All members chip in and act as a leader in a specialty area like medical, food management, security, farming/gardening, etc. Group supplies are maintained in separate households until the whole group comes together - or they are staged in an advance location under lock and key without common access (better approach). Very few arguments that way since each item is a group members personal property until necessity requires it for the use of the group if the SHTF. You really need a set of governing documents that everyone agrees to.

I find it kind of dumb that the government would be watching preppers, but that's the world we live in. What was common 100 years ago and created strong communities is now considered suspicious behavior. 99.9% of the prepper community is not in the hardcore survivalist/antigovernment camp - We're just taking care of our families and making sure we don't have to rely on the government for relief aid or security. The government isn't inspiring confidence in it's ability to deal with a major SHTF situation - can't even manage a freaking budget.

Getting off my soapbox now.

:first:

Ant gonna happen ,i would never trust anyone you meet on the internet,not with my life on the linr. Its ok to pretend, but a survival group is a big boy in person game.

Back
Top Bottom