• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

southside ATL SHTF club

Ant gonna happen ,i would never trust anyone you meet on the internet,not with my life on the linr. Its ok to pretend, but a survival group is a big boy in person game.

Wow. I've met some guys FTF from here that I WOULD trust. Not just with my life but also with the safety of my family in the worst of times. In fact, most of the people I would trust are people I have met here.

Hey guys,
I appreciate all the responses and advice, but I think most of you were missing the point, especially the ones who were hard core about "groups are bad ill just take care of muself" kinda people. The point of the club is to share resources BEFORE shtf, not after. For example, as a high school chemistry teacher, I know how to make things that would be useful after shtf, but would be illegal to make now. additionally, as a former AF electronics tech, I've forgotten more about operating and repairing radios then most people have ever learned. I also built my own AR. these are things others might like to know. I, on the other hand, don't know squat about farming, butchering hogs or tanning hides. Other people out there know that stuff. We should get together BEFORE shtf. Not after.
I don't care about the food dehydration machine then. If I wait to dehydrate food then it will be too late.
Starting to get the picture guys? The club is just a name for guys getting together for some training and info swap. Not to become blood brothers and pinky swear to be bff's after the apocalypse.

Hey guys,
I appreciate all the responses and advice, but I think most of you were missing the point, especially the ones who were hard core about "groups are bad ill just take care of muself" kinda people. The point of the club is to share resources BEFORE shtf, not after. For example, as a high school chemistry teacher, I know how to make things that would be useful after shtf, but would be illegal to make now. additionally, as a former AF electronics tech, I've forgotten more about operating and repairing radios then most people have ever learned. I also built my own AR. these are things others might like to know. I, on the other hand, don't know squat about farming, butchering hogs or tanning hides. Other people out there know that stuff. We should get together BEFORE shtf. Not after.
I don't care about the food dehydration machine then. If I wait to dehydrate food then it will be too late.
Starting to get the picture guys? The club is just a name for guys getting together for some training and info swap. Not to become blood brothers and pinky swear to be bff's after the apocalypse.

Not sure anyone is going to be interested in meth...lol j/k

Would everyone that showed be accepted? How would you pick your members?

You would probably just have to start with a few guys that you fully trust, and then vote on any new members. Since you just want to train prior to the SHTF, then while you are training then you could pick and choose guys from that group to form you post-SHTF group.

You would probably just have to start with a few guys that you fully trust, and then vote on any new members. Since you just want to train prior to the SHTF, then while you are training then you could pick and choose guys from that group to form you post-SHTF group.

My buddy and I just threw this post up to guage interest. We dont have rules and by laws and membership requirements and things like that yet. The whole point (again) is about finding people with information to share. For ex. my wife is a P.A. (physicians asst.) and a former combat medic in the army. I already have someone with doctor/medic training that can fix broken legs and suture wounds and do an appendectomy in my compound after shtf, but how many of you do? Exactly.

Imagine this scenario. the "club" members get together on some random saturday. We start by having me conduct a class on how to make ether (fabulous stuff, a million uses) out of ordinary materials. everyone learns. Then we use the ether to knock out a hog we have brought along. my wife teaches a class on how to set a broken leg (on the hog), and we all get to play asst. while she then removes its appendix. we all learn. then we put the animal down, and all practice giving stitches on the animals hide. we all learn. then someone else stands up and shows us how to butcher and skin the animal. we all learn. then we all learn how to build a smokehouse or a food dehydrator or we talk about canning the meat or tanning the hide or whatever. it could go a hundred different routes and still be extremely valuable training because we all learn if you guys dont think that thats worth one saturday a month then you aint as serious about prepping as you pretend to be. either that or you just really have no clue as to what its going to take to survive long term.
this could be done for so many things. gardening/farming. construction of shelters and buildings. operating ham radios, generating power. and a million other topics you guys will think of that i havent.
no one in the group has to know your home address or how many gallons of peas you have in your basement.
as far as membership req., if you have a valuable skill that you are willing to teach, youre in. be a jerk, youre out. If you have an idea or access to somewhere we could meet, youre in. be a jerk, youre out

no one in the group has to know your home address or how many gallons of peas you have in your basement. ......

You made beer come out of my nose! LMAO! Good luck with the cross training. A good idea I think. I'm just not sure I'd want to be associated with a group that would have me as a member.

I agree with the general consensus here.....Meeting up to have a good time and play out "What if" Scenarios to make sure YOUR system will actually serve you well, and to get tips from others is great!....

Actually all grouping up....no...

Just think for everyone ONE person that really would pull their own weight and beyond, they would have 4+ "Family" members "with" them that would do nothing but deplete supplies, medicines, add nothing of value to the group and more than likely Bitc* an moan the whole time....Yeah I don't need that..

Me SOME of my family, and my two neighbors would come together and would work great, but even with that small of a group were still talking 30ish people...That would contribute, and actually pull their own weight, excluding the 4 or so kids between us all... That is already to many people as I see it....

Back
Top Bottom