• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

southside ATL SHTF club

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
Me and my budday are looking to start a SHTF club on the southside, centered on coweta and fayette counties (where we live). The point of the club is to pool resources and have training and classroom days on a regular basis. For ex. we would like to get together in the club to buy a freeze drier and prep our own long term storage food. Same with reloading equipment and so forth. have classes on farming, emergency medicine, improvised power generation and so forth.
PM me if interested and we can discuss in more detail.

Ive had a few people ask me about this very subject. Im sorry to say that if the SHTF you better stay away from my house. Clayton county is a mess now, much less in SHTF situation. I can only look out for me and mine. The more people you team up with, the more mouths there are to feed. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
Ive had a few people ask me about this very subject. Im sorry to say that if the SHTF you better stay away from my house. Clayton county is a mess now, much less in SHTF situation. I can only look out for me and mine. The more people you team up with, the more mouths there are to feed. Not going to happen.

I do not disagree with soviet's take here. It's valid.
That being said, the idea of a group of like minded individuals getting together for defense, support and survival is a good one. You have to exercise great care in setting it up, though.

If you are indeed serious about setting up a group for training, I've got a couple of advice nuggets for you:
a) don't advertise you are getting a group together. (there's already been links posted about this but 'preppers' are high priority on our gub'ments watch list these days)
b) hand pick and approach like minded people you feel you can trust when asking if they want to "join" your group. There's a LOT of risk in inviting a bunch of people to your property even to train or teach classes on planting/farming.
c) take great care in the "group" chipping in on buys whether it's for the benefit of the group or not. Unless they are hand picked and of like mind as you, you will run into problems sooner or later because someone "helped pay" for the dehydrator/reloader/etc. and will want to take it home for the weekend or they get PO'd about something then demand their part of the money back when they leave. **Worse yet, they leave early on but show up anyway when SHTF standing on the argument of "we helped you get this started" and you've got a confrontation to deal with right away when you least need it.

As I said I think it would be great to have a group together but it would have to be the "right" group...
I sincerely wish you good luck with the endeavor...

I do not disagree with soviet's take here. It's valid.
That being said, the idea of a group of like minded individuals getting together for defense, support and survival is a good one. You have to exercise great care in setting it up, though.

If you are indeed serious about setting up a group for training, I've got a couple of advice nuggets for you:
a) don't advertise you are getting a group together. (there's already been links posted about this but 'preppers' are high priority on our gub'ments watch list these days)
b) hand pick and approach like minded people you feel you can trust when asking if they want to "join" your group. There's a LOT of risk in inviting a bunch of people to your property even to train or teach classes on planting/farming.
c) take great care in the "group" chipping in on buys whether it's for the benefit of the group or not. Unless they are hand picked and of like mind as you, you will run into problems sooner or later because someone "helped pay" for the dehydrator/reloader/etc. and will want to take it home for the weekend or they get PO'd about something then demand their part of the money back when they leave. **Worse yet, they leave early on but show up anyway when SHTF standing on the argument of "we helped you get this started" and you've got a confrontation to deal with right away when you least need it.

As I said I think it would be great to have a group together but it would have to be the "right" group...
I sincerely wish you good luck with the endeavor...

Very good points here.

I`ll remain an Army of One... groups that i`ve been in can't even decide what's for lunch....

This is what bothers me about being in a group. I have what I need to live for quite a while. Say a member of your group does something stupid like eatting too much or using supplies too fast. What happens then? They want to use your stuff and then they become a liability. Not worth it. I can keep me and mine alive, not my job to support others.

While being in a group has its upsides, just be careful who you group up with.

Last edited:
This is what bothers me about being in a group. I have what I need to live for quite a while. Say a member of your group does something stupid like eatting too much or using supplies too fast. What happens then? They want to use your stuff and then they become a liability. Not worth it. I can keep me and mine alive, not my job to support others.

While being in a group has its upsides, just be careful who you group up with.

Think the up side to a group would be defense....Not that there is a pefect solution short of a bunker or personal space ship but it's gonna be damn hard to defend against the masses with the family.

Back
Top Bottom