• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spanish FR-8 Chrome Lined Bore

Linachaw

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Milsurp Collector
99   0
Reaction score
Do Spanish FR-8 mausers have a chrome lined bore and chamber? It is hard for me to tell due to the flash hider and the bore on mine being particularly nice.

Also, are the barrels threaded, or are those flash hiders just permanently on there?

I will appreciate any comments and thoughts

Do Spanish FR-8 mausers have a chrome lined bore and chamber? It is hard for me to tell due to the flash hider and the bore on mine being particularly nice.

Also, are the barrels threaded, or are those flash hiders just permanently on there?

I will appreciate any comments and thoughts
Mine had a threaded barrel, and the bore was bright also. Should be a depress pin on there somewhere to unscrew the device.

I think that old wives tale about the 7.62 vs .308 made everybody scared to choot em. One day very soon I'll regret selling mine. It was no collector, I shot the hell out of that thing and loved it.

It's not just the issue of military spec 7.62 x 51 versus 308 Winchester commercial pressure curves,

But I have heard that both the Spanish and the Japanese chose to download the 7.62 NATO round for use in rifles when they adopted those cartridges in the 1950s.
They kept the full powered ammo for their machine guns, but the rifle ammo was downloaded to a lower pressure and featured a lighter bullet.

However, I have also heard that this was done for the comfort of the soldier and to promote better accuracy (less flinching) on the range.
It was not done out of any concern that the guns would blow up with full power ammo; they are supposed to be strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom