• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SPOILER ALERT! Biden Previews Recommendations of Mass Shooting Committee

ArmedinAtlanta

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
Biden and friends state they will have recommendations to Obama by Tuesday, 01/15/13. Story here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57563314/biden-gun-violence-proposals-to-obama-by-tuesday/

Some tidbits:

"maybe one of the most important things we've been focusing on is the mental health community... There's an argument among health providers that this is a major component to deal with, particularly a lot of suicides as well that we're seeing today." Yes, tell us more about how you're going to reduce suicide by limiting magazine capacity!!

"There's an emerging set of recommendations, not coming from me, but coming from the groups we've met with, and I'm gonna focus on the ones that relate primarily to gun ownership, what types of weapons can be owned." Wait, I thought this was a complex problem with a multi-faceted solution... But we're just going to focus on guns?

"I'm not sure we can guarantee that this will never happen again. But as the president said, even if what we do only saves one life, it makes sense," he said. "And I think we can do a great deal without in any way imposing on or impinging on the rights of the second amendment, that the second amendment guarantees. That's what this is all about." Ok... (1) you may not be sure that we can guarantee that this will never happen again, but I damn sure can guarantee you it will; (2) "only save one life?" If the debate was about infringing the First Amendment, would the "one life" test still apply? (3) "without in any way imposing on or impinging on the rights of the second amendment?" Are you serious?? Whose understanding of the 2A?

UGH!

I think they will definitely go after mags. Not sure to what extent, but if they ban the manufacture, everyone will be limited to crappy low cap (which could well be less than 10 rounds this time) in a few decades. Old mags break, get stolen, burn in house fires..... Thanks again USA- for re electing this asshole!

(They could also ban the possession of these mags.... Effectively gut the second without taking a single gun away)

Don't forget to send $$$ to your favorite Nationally connected pro-second amendment group.

Back
Top Bottom