• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sports Memorabilia

Guess not....:)

I have allot of baseball/Basketball cards allot from 20-23 years ago. I bought them for my son because everyone in my family played baseball so when, my Wife told me she was pregnant I would buy as many packs that I could and just put them in storage, when my son got old enough to play and understand the game he " HATED" the sport. I just found them again, all in mint condition, I have Rookies CARDS from Derek Jeter, Chopper Jones, Shaw, the WHOLE 1st Olympic DREAM TEAM, and I also have about 300 of the old "HOT WHEELS" cars. By, they way my son never played baseball or basketball he Wrestled Variety in High School.

I have allot of baseball/Basketball cards allot from 20-23 years ago. I bought them for my son because everyone in my family played baseball so when, my Wife told me she was pregnant I would buy as many packs that I could and just put them in storage, when my son got old enough to play and understand the game he " HATED" the sport. I just found them again, all in mint condition, I have Rookies CARDS from Derek Jeter, Chopper Jones, Shaw, the WHOLE 1st Olympic DREAM TEAM, and I also have about 300 of the old "HOT WHEELS" cars. By, they way my son never played baseball or basketball he Wrestled Variety in High School.
That's awesome, that's just the way it works out sometimes :). My mom actually got me into collecting. My dad worked third growing when I was growing up and she would let me stay up late on school nights when the Braves were in the playoffs in the early 90's. I fell in love with the sport and would rather get cards than toys for Christmas and birthdays. When I was around 12 my neighbors eccentric dad passed away from ALS, he had more than 1 million cards, she inherited them and didn't care anything for the hobby. She said I could just have them if I would simply just get them out of her garage! I spent my entire 6th grade summer sorting cards. That's been 19 years ago and I've still not seen them all! Lol. I kinda got away from the hobby til I was around 20, then I got into it again, but more into autographs then. Just love it. Reminds me a lot of my childhood.

Cards here as well. Haven't pulled any out for years now. Collected as a kid and got back into them when my son was young but he didn't really like them.

Any body on here share that hobby with me? I've collected for years, it started in cards, then I got hooked on autographs. I've been out of the game a few years (too much $). Still have all my stuff. I have an entire bedroom at my house that is wall to wall autographs and collectibles. (My wife hates it) :) Anybody else into this???
Interesting but takes time and money...but I do have a few cool things, Got a baseball autographed by the 1976 Big Red Machine- I think four hall of famers on there

Cards here as well. Haven't pulled any out for years now. Collected as a kid and got back into them when my son was young but he didn't really like them.
I'm afraid it's a dying hobby. It's sad, cuz it was so much fun when I was a kid! I wish it would get popular again!

That's awesome, that's just the way it works out sometimes :). My mom actually got me into collecting. My dad worked third growing when I was growing up and she would let me stay up late on school nights when the Braves were in the playoffs in the early 90's. I fell in love with the sport and would rather get cards than toys for Christmas and birthdays. When I was around 12 my neighbors eccentric dad passed away from ALS, he had more than 1 million cards, she inherited them and didn't care anything for the hobby. She said I could just have them if I would simply just get them out of her garage! I spent my entire 6th grade summer sorting cards. That's been 19 years ago and I've still not seen them all! Lol. I kinda got away from the hobby til I was around 20, then I got into it again, but more into autographs then. Just love it. Reminds me a lot of my childhood.

This past summer 6 guys from my high school baseball team came to visit me from Brooklyn NY, one of them works for the MLB, and bought me a Autographed baseball from Hall of Gamer Ron Gudiry with document's. I put it in my Yankee room.

Back
Top Bottom