• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Inc 1911s now 100% USA made

I don't believe Armscor produces a single forged frame 1911 or has a foundry forging 1911 frames. I know Armscor has a hand in the production of Rock Island Armory, High Standard, Charles Daiy and Armscor 1911s , and they provide frames for STI's Spartan 1911. There may be a few others I missed. At any rate all of those guns have cast frames. I believe all the SAM manufactured 1911s have cast frames also.

I once owned a RIA 1911 4 inch mil-spec looking (Parkerized, GI trigger, Hammer, Grip Safety, Although it did have a Bull Barrel/No Barrel Bushing). I think I paid $390 something out the door for it at a brick and mortar gun shop. It was a fine shooter, cast frame and all, although I got rid of it before I had put more than 500 rounds through it.

creepy. Get out of my head. :lol:

I thought all Armscor and SAM 1911s were cast?
I believe.................

you are correct sir.jpg

Pretty much all of them except

Ruger
Philippino made (RIA, Amrscor, Metro arms, etc)
Para
Caspian
You forgot Remington....although some of their line has forged frames. It's pretty easy to tell what's forged because the MAP is twice the cost of the cast models.

And I saw your pic in the 1911 pic thread......looks like you are on a 1911 tear! :cool:

You forgot Remington....although some of their line has forged frames. It's pretty easy to tell what's forged because the MAP is twice the cost of the cast models.

And I saw your pic in the 1911 pic thread......looks like you are on a 1911 tear! :cool:

I was unaware remington was doing cast frames as well. That's disappointing.

Most of my 1911s are a constant. The two Springers are new though.

Back
Top Bottom