Springfield Armory Inc 1911s now 100% USA made

I'm the opposite of you. I don't like stainless 1911s and HATE LW frames.

LMAO! For carry, I do like a lightweight. But for a range toy, I can go either way. I've had 2 of those parkerized Loadeds like you posted above...I wish I had those back as well. I'm normally not much into park'd 1911's but I really did like those 2 a lot!

NM Loaded on the top

Imbel Loaded on the bottom

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20170112_113701_zpskuvpj5sp.jpg

I like the one on the bottom! I really like parkerized pistols! Looks like they have both had a little modification done....:thumb:

I like the one on the bottom! I really like parkerized pistols! Looks like they have both had a little modification done....:thumb:

I do too. I wish the top one was still parked but with the things that have been done to it I understand the cerakote. The top one has been heavily modified and has an AMAZING action and trigger. The bottom one the only modification I have noticed is the mainspring housing is off a GI.

I do too. I wish the top one was still parked but with the things that have been done to it I understand the cerakote. The top one has been heavily modified and has an AMAZING action and trigger. The bottom one the only modification I have noticed is the mainspring housing is off a GI.
I actually am looking for a GI type mainspring housing for a Colt Series 70 I picked up recently. It has an arched mainspring housing on it, but in addition to parkerized pistols.....I like lanyard loops too!

And I'm with you....I HATE lightweight frames too!

I doubt they are bringing in raw forgings . They can bring them in as partially machined and do the finish work here and they still qualify as made in America . There is a Glock barrel seller that does the same thing

I doubt they are bringing in raw forgings . They can bring them in as partially machined and do the finish work here and they still qualify as made in America . There is a Glock barrel seller that does the same thing

agreed. The one thing we can say for certain is they aren't doing it in house. I'm wondering if Imbel cutting ties with them is why the custom shop has been closed down. Since they have to finish all of their guns now instead of just a portion, no time for custom work.

agreed. The one thing we can say for certain is they aren't doing it in house. I'm wondering if Imbel cutting ties with them is why the custom shop has been closed down. Since they have to finish all of their guns now instead of just a portion, no time for custom work.

The word I got from 1911 smith contact of mine with ties to SACS said the custom shop issue has more to do with the combination of a large contract on Pro's they're working on and a massive backlog. Supposed to be temporary and they're expecting to start accepting work again in the next month or so.

Same source said the Korea rumor on the forgings is false. Forgings are reportedly being made by another manufacturer with a mutual NDA.

Take both the above for what they're worth, but it's a usually reliable source.

The word I got from 1911 smith contact of mine with ties to SACS said the custom shop issue has more to do with the combination of a large contract on Pro's they're working on and a massive backlog. Supposed to be temporary and they're expecting to start accepting work again in the next month or so.

Same source said the Korea rumor on the forgings is false. Forgings are reportedly being made by another manufacturer with a mutual NDA.

Take both the above for what they're worth, but it's a usually reliable source.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out S&W is now making Colt, SAI, and Kimber offerings.

Back
Top Bottom