• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Prodigy Feedback

16   0
Reaction score
For those who own or have owned a Prodigy, what are your thoughts on the gun?

I've heard there were failure to feed issues. I've also heard that some of these issues can be corrected by using Staccato mags.

I'm considering purchasing a 5" Prodigy with an optic and just curious on what others have experienced.

I shot Kodis's prodigy a bunch. The original batch of 5" were typically undersprung and had too much ceracoat on the frame rails, so they took some wearing in or new springs to get to 100%. There were a few with weird ejectors but that was sorted quickly. His has run 100% for me stock, including random weight range ammo. fit and finish are pretty good but obviously not at the custom shop level. Everything works as it should, there's a little hot spot on the bottom of the safety if we're being crazy picky but for the price it's a solid buy. almost silly easy to make single hole groups at 7 yards.

Do yourself a favor and buy the BUL Armory SAS for sale on the ODT. Few hundred more for a much more polished 2011.

The Prodigy I had was a first edition, did not like HP ammo. Did not keep it long.

And before anybody bashes me, I own several RIA 2011's that are very serviceable pistols, but the BUL is another league. Staccato quality at a huge discount.

Couple threads on here about the Prodigy if you search around.

I don't own one and I won't own (Fk Springfield Armory). But, from what I have seen on 2011 groups and the couple people that I know that own one, are that they are very hit or miss. Some run fine. Some don't. Seems like a lot of people dump a few hundred $'s into them to get em to run and perform better. You are still left with a Springfield product using lesser materials and finishes than say a Staccato or a Platypus. Whether that's worth it is ultimately up to you.

I will say that I have bought a couple of the Prodijy mags, made by Duramag. They have worked just as well in my Staccato and Trubor as Staccato, STI, Atlas and MBX mags.

Back
Top Bottom