Springfield TRP 10mm issues.....

Sellier & Bellot 180GR FMJ and PMC 170GR JHP

With .45acp the Wilson Combat 47D mags worked WONDERS over the stock Springfield mags that came with my TRP. If Wilson makes a 10mm 1911 mag... I could only suggest trying out one of their mags and seeing if that might help remedy some of the issues your having. I just picked up a TRP 10mm yesterday and will see if I have similar issues.

Looked at a 10mm yesterday now ya'll got me thinking 45acp
If you choose the right 10 mm you will be hooked on this caliber. I modified a DW 1911 . Sights . trigger replaced and reworked. checked front strap. crowned barrel. and coated at factory. Best shooting pistol I have owned so far. A blast to shoot. Few FTF first 300 rounds. until break end period was done. Only FTF now when using Wilson mags.

First off let me say I love the gun. I have wanted one for a while and when they came out with a 10mm It was perfect timing as I was in the market for a back up hog/ deer hunting pistol.

However, I am starting to think I should have bought the Glock model 40 or the sig 220 hunter.

First issue was I purchased a TRP and took it home only to find out that the right rear sight's tritium was missing. I guess I should have checked this at the shop first. Things happen no big deal. Shop was great as I called them right after the discovery and they allowed me to return exchange it for another one they have in stock.

Took the second one home. Stripped it down cleaned and lubed it. A few days later I was able to go up to their range and shoot it. Had multiple failures to feed. Several rounds a mag. Tried both mags and two types of factory new ammo. Same issue with both. The round would chamber but not seat all the way. I could push the slide from the rear and it would "go home" and then fire.

Had the shop send it back to Springfield with a description of the issues. this was on 6/1. I received a call yesterday that my pistol had arrived back at the shop. I went and picked it up today. The note from Springfield had no details only "repaired and tested". I took it into the range hoping unknown issue was corrected.

NOPE!!!
It was worse.

I used the same ammo and the mags that came back with the gun and still having failures to feed all the way and now it is actually jamming with the round almost vertical.

Other issues today included not locking back on the last round, jamming when loading the first round via slide stop or pulling and release.

It is going back today. Needless to say I am very disappointed and frustrated. I have asked the shop to push for a refund but still like the pistol and would be happy if it would run. I don't have time nor do I want to spend any more money on different types of ammo, aftermarket mags, or 500 rnd break-in....

the pistol should run from the factory period.

We will see what they say.

View attachment 1668790 View attachment 1668791 View attachment 1668792
I

First off let me say I love the gun. I have wanted one for a while and when they came out with a 10mm It was perfect timing as I was in the market for a back up hog/ deer hunting pistol.

However, I am starting to think I should have bought the Glock model 40 or the sig 220 hunter.

First issue was I purchased a TRP and took it home only to find out that the right rear sight's tritium was missing. I guess I should have checked this at the shop first. Things happen no big deal. Shop was great as I called them right after the discovery and they allowed me to return exchange it for another one they have in stock.

Took the second one home. Stripped it down cleaned and lubed it. A few days later I was able to go up to their range and shoot it. Had multiple failures to feed. Several rounds a mag. Tried both mags and two types of factory new ammo. Same issue with both. The round would chamber but not seat all the way. I could push the slide from the rear and it would "go home" and then fire.

Had the shop send it back to Springfield with a description of the issues. this was on 6/1. I received a call yesterday that my pistol had arrived back at the shop. I went and picked it up today. The note from Springfield had no details only "repaired and tested". I took it into the range hoping unknown issue was corrected.

NOPE!!!
It was worse.

I used the same ammo and the mags that came back with the gun and still having failures to feed all the way and now it is actually jamming with the round almost vertical.

Other issues today included not locking back on the last round, jamming when loading the first round via slide stop or pulling and release.

It is going back today. Needless to say I am very disappointed and frustrated. I have asked the shop to push for a refund but still like the pistol and would be happy if it would run. I don't have time nor do I want to spend any more money on different types of ammo, aftermarket mags, or 500 rnd break-in....

the pistol should run from the factory period.

We will see what they say.

View attachment 1668790 View attachment 1668791 View attachment 1668792
. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and it is doing the same thing that yours is doing. I can't even get the shell to feed into the chamber to try to fire it. No, I'm not trying to feed it .45’s.. I called Springfield and they said they never heard of this happening. Bull, it's all over the forums. Anyway, I tried different ammo and such. Ordered more also to try. Ordered a new nag. Gun is now at my gunsmith getting a fix I hope. Grrrrr

Back
Top Bottom