• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spyderco maybe?

Ben Worthy

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
22   0
Reaction score
Alright, so I’m looking at getting a nice knife. I currently carry a Kershaw Cryo and I like it but I’m thinking Spyderco. I like the looks of the paramilitary 2, manix 2, delica 4, shaman, and native 5. I really love the grey native.

Someone help me decide. Or give other options in the $150- range.
I’ll just cut everyday things with it- plastic, tape, cardboard, etc.
I would like something very sharp that holds its edge.

I personally like ZT's over Spyderco

They are built like tanks and are very heavy duty

Take a look at the 0350's! These can be found under $120 if you look.

IMG_9754.PNG

I've got 3 up under 100 dollars in new condition with original boxes. Native 5 S35VN, Manix2 Brown FRN lightweight XHP steel, Manix 2xl 3.8" Blade S30V. All at $90. Never sharpened factory edge. (these all retail in the 130-150 range).

Also have a ZT0801TI 3.5" S35VN $150. (retails 200-220)

Also have a higher end Reate Horizon D Carbon FIber 3.75" blade Bholer M390 steel at $250 (retails @ $370ish)

PM me if your interested in any of em, if you in the Mall of Ga/Buford area more than welcome to have a look at them in person as well can meet at the QT.

Rob

Ben Worthy Ben Worthy . I have a manix 2 and a couple Para 3's. if you like bigger blades, go with the manix2
the para series (1,2,3) are all exceptional and hold an edge well... the 3 is right @ a 3 inch blade and is a personal favorite. either way you'll be happy

IMG_20171120_200313962[1].jpg
I personally like ZT's over Spyderco

They are built like tanks and are very heavy duty

Take a look at the 0350's! These can be found under $120 if you look.

View attachment 1436232

0350 is nice but very wide and takes up a alot of pocket room. If your going with a ZT get the 0562 in G10 or the Carbon fiber for a few dollars more. Fantastic knife.

0350 is nice but very wide and takes up a alot of pocket room. If your going with a ZT get the 0562 in G10 or the Carbon fiber for a few dollars more. Fantastic knife.

I preferred the 0350 over the others based on my EDC usage. I also didn't feel like it was too beefy and took up min pocket space but that was just me.

Hinderers XM18's Skinner is my preferred carry but a little higher on the spending spectrum

Adventure Outdoors in Symrna has a good selection of Benchmades. I only have one the Mini Loco 818.

Going Gear not too far from Adventures Outdoors carries a variety, benchmades/spyderco/ZT/Hinderer/We Knife/Rike/Boker/CRKT/Kershaw.

Buying/trading/selling/customizing in Knife World is almost as much fun as gun world. :)

Back
Top Bottom