• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrels in the attic

Now I just need someone to climb my roof and put some mesh around an axial roof fan, I can see where it is gone from one side of the fan.

Very tempted........
Mostly kidding but we’ve had it happen before. Had one get stuck in the vent stack for the microwave. I purchased my parents a new microwave and two days later there were maggots coming out of the holes of the case. My dad called me up and asked where I got this microwave from cuz its got maggots coming out of every orifice. I blamed china. He removed chinese microwave to find a trail of maggots going up the stack to a squirrel carcass.

By the way, if you can't get to that part of the attic, how do you know it's squirrels? And not rats?
Either way, the trap and peanut butter will work, just curious.

Shot one Sunday on the balcony ouside my 2nd floor master. Wife heard noises last week or so in her sitting area, called me up today, heard them again, we made some noise heard running so I went out on balcony and saw squirrel next to the fan housing. I made some noise, it ran to ridgeline. Kept going back to the fan, but not in. I neve could get a safe shot, so finally went back inside. Wife calls 5 minutes later, noises back in her sitting area..

If you close it up trapping some in there, if they are hungry enough will eat your wiring and set your house on fire. Many a house burned down because squirrels eating wiring insulation.
Or just smell up the place when they die.
Need to trap them first.

Back
Top Bottom