• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrels in the attic

I can tell you it's not cheap to hire someone to do it.

Was out of town on business when it happened and wife handled it.

Good luck!

I don't know if it's legal to kill wildlife that attacks, invades, and destroys your home . (We are, after all, living in a pussified America, and if you live in metro Atlanta chances are your local government's values are shaped by all the lefties that have moved down here over the last 50 years.)

But, I know that rat traps will break their little necks.
Just get corpses out of your attic every day or every other day, before they stink.

I’ve been fighting squirrels in my attic since I bought my house in July, damn things go through wood like butter. Every time I closed a hole they made a new one. I’ve got 4 squirrel traps and have caught some, but if they are still able to come and go as they please, they’ll just ignore the peanut butter in the trap, there’s plenty of food outside. Use 1/4” wire mesh to close off their access, and if they are stuck inside they’ll get hungry enough to go in the trap. For access to put a trap in, you can get a 12” x 12” plastic access panel for $18 on Amazon, just cut the hole in the drywall and glue in the frame.

You definitely do not want them having babies in your attic, the mother will destroy anything to get to them. Rodents from hell, lol.

Attachments

• E3677EEA-EA06-49E5-8255-332507796000.jpeg
    E3677EEA-EA06-49E5-8255-332507796000.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 3F06E441-3ADC-4483-B1A7-D17364BD1B60.jpeg
    3F06E441-3ADC-4483-B1A7-D17364BD1B60.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 34
I’ve been fighting squirrels in my attic since I bought my house in July, damn things go through wood like butter. Every time I closed a hole they made a new one. I’ve got 4 squirrel traps and have caught some, but if they are still able to come and go as they please, they’ll just ignore the peanut butter in the trap, there’s plenty of food outside. Use 1/4” wire mesh to close off their access, and if they are stuck inside they’ll get hungry enough to go in the trap. For access to put a trap in, you can get a 12” x 12” plastic access panel for $18 on Amazon, just cut the hole in the drywall and glue in the frame.

You definitely do not want them having babies in your attic, the mother will destroy anything to get to them. Rodents from hell, lol.

I take it you can't sit out with a pellet gun waiting for them lil ****s to come off your roof in the morning? Popping one a day will thin the herd and show the others who's boss...

Back
Top Bottom