• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stainless Steel tumbling...

d-a

I tumble my 45 ACP brass for about 2 hours but I do 4-500 at a time. My ultra sonic that I had would not do many at a time so to do 4-500 would require severl 8-10 minute cycles which meant I had to babysit it. With SS/Tumbler I start it and leave it, come back in a couple hours to remove and dry. Total time at the bench for me with SS is less than when I used my ultra. Plus my ultra sonic could not get em as clean/shiny inside and out as the SS can.

Paul

Just another pic to show the cleaning ability of the SS setup. Although I would not load these and have since been crushed/recycled i used them for a test. I could never get these types of results with my Ultra Sonic

Before
LemishineBefore-02.jpg
LemishineBefore.jpg
After
LemishineAfter-02.jpg
LemishineAfter.jpg

d-a

I tumble my 45 ACP brass for about 2 hours but I do 4-500 at a time. My ultra sonic that I had would not do many at a time so to do 4-500 would require severl 8-10 minute cycles which meant I had to babysit it. With SS/Tumbler I start it and leave it, come back in a couple hours to remove and dry. Total time at the bench for me with SS is less than when I used my ultra. Plus my ultra sonic could not get em as clean/shiny inside and out as the SS can.

Paul

Paul,

Thank you thats the type info I was looking for. I do not have a hornady or lyman Ultrasonic cleaner. I can get 150 308 cases in mine and the smaller batches i just put the brass in glass beakers for cleaning. I use it mostly for cleaning my gun parts(blackpowder) and it works well. I use a modified solution that i found on one of my longrange shooting forums and it cleans and polishes well. I will look into the SS media. Do you have to use a special tumbler?

d-a

Paul,

Thank you thats the type info I was looking for. I do not have a hornady or lyman Ultrasonic cleaner. I can get 150 308 cases in mine and the smaller batches i just put the brass in glass beakers for cleaning. I use it mostly for cleaning my gun parts(blackpowder) and it works well. I use a modified solution that i found on one of my longrange shooting forums and it cleans and polishes well. I will look into the SS media. Do you have to use a special tumbler?

d-a

It has to be a rotary tumbler. My ultra sonic was a Dentist Office throw away. It was about 6-7" deep and wide and about 12" long, I now have one double that in size but dont use it for case cleaning due to the SS being so dang good.

Another expierence with ultra sonics that I observed is the more brass in the cleaner the slower the process. Also many of the solutions I found and used required a rinsing cycle as well. With the SS you have no harsh chemicals that require a rinsing cycle. I have the 12lb Thumler's tumbler.

Back
Top Bottom