• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

State employee carry question

Since our car is NOT considered an extension of our home, I wouldn't think a GOV vehicle would be GOV property and be illegal.But I would ask a attorney for more legal details about this.Me I wouldn't risk it unless you don't care about the job nor money.

State Troopers, GBI Investigators, Probation Officers, Parole Officers, Correctional Officers all carry weapons in State vehicles. Just sayin.......

Yes but they are certified law enforcement officers and the weapons are tools of their trade or necessary equipment to carry out their duties

I worked for ten years with the state of Mississippi. Policy was that no guns were allowed in state vehicles. There were some that did keep a 'truck gun' in their vehicle all the time, but I did not. You could also get fired for not wearing your seat belt, or getting a speeding ticket. So, I say do what your supervisor tells you to do.

You will find no law in the Georgia Code telling you, as a State employee, that you can carry in your state vehicle. It doesn't exist.

You have a choice to make. Arm yourself for self defense, and if caught suffer the consequences. Or don't arm yourself, and still possibly suffer the consequences.

Last edited:
I can't find it right now, but the state employee handbook states that firearms are prohibited from state property including vehicles. I work for DNR and am in the field a lot and would like to carry... But I like being employed more!

Back
Top Bottom