• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Steal on a rear tine tiller

1691773450585.png

Mine has landed in Forest Park as of 3:30 this afternoon....and it's only 1:30 right now....😄

At least I have some sort of update. Hopefully I'll receive it early next week!

Picked mine up yesterday and unpacked and assembled it today. A few observations. Assembling is a breeze. Unpacking it was harder. If you have someone to help it will be simple. I didn't. The tines and wheels attach with a clevis pin. When I get a chance I'm installing bolts and nuts. The engine oil was empty but it shipped with a funnel with a tube and a bottle of oil that was the exact amount needed. Mine seemed to have some gear oil but not enough to register on the stick so make sure to check that. I bought a hiller/furrower that was mentioned in this thread. It's not an exact fit. It's going to take some customizing but I think it will work. As was said in reviews, the shifting is stiff. You just have to give it a hit with the heel of your hand and it will go. I ran a short test till and it did fine. It seems pretty solidly built. I've bought many things that cost more money and were more poorly built. I'm happy with this purchase. I'll be putting it to use in 3-4 weeks when I start putting in my fall garden. Edit, It has an annoying thumb switch on top of the handle that engages the transmission. It's there to keep stupid people from hurting themselves. You have to push the lever down with your thumb to engage and it felt very awkward. I took the c-clip off the upper pin and removed the pin and spring. It works great now without having to use the thumb lever. If you see a thread on here with me telling the story about me running over myself with my tiller feel free to mock me.

Be aware fella’s, as stated before you may need transmission gear oil. Mine was low, I found what I needed at tractor supply.
IMG_8490.jpeg
Also make sure to pump your tires up. It has warning’s all over it to do so. I was also missing 2 nut’s but other than that I’m thrilled. Fired up on the second pull. Runs great and seems extremely well built. Best $200 I’ve spent in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom