• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stealth Arms 2011

outlaw1961

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
Anybody ever had any experience with them if you go to their website, you can build a semi custom 2011. You pick cerokoated colors, trigger pull weight, slide cuts or not, mag funnel or not, style trigger, commander or government length with rail. Most of all uses Glock 17 mags. I configured one really loaded for 1700 just playing around. Reviews on the web seems to be really good but just wondering if anybody on here has tried one?

I am curious to see how well they do. The Platypus sounds like it will be popular
Name is kinda weird to me. A lot of you tubers reviews in the last four months. Couple of completion shooters are saying it is better than the prodigy and coming close to the staccato c. The wait time for one was originally two weeks but now up to 16 weeks so I guess somebody is ordering them.

So, here we take a look at weight between a Sig Sauer Emporer Scorpion Fastback 1911 in .45 ACP, and the Stealth Arms Platypus. Both of these are Commamder length, although the Platypus has a threaded barrel.

In the first two pictures, the pistols are unloaded- we see a significant difference in weight, no doubt due to the Platypus' aluminum frame vs the Sig's steel frame.

In the second picture, I inserted a loaded magazine into each pistol- 8 rounds of .45 ACP 230 Grain Gold Dot, and 19 rounds of 9mm Federal HST 124 grain, respectively.

Yes, this doesn't take into account a chambered round, but whatever. There, we see the gap narrow in weight, but take into account that the Platypus has 11 more rounds- more than double the capacity. It also has a funneled magwell, threaded barrel, and optic, in addition to a rail for mounting lights.

This isn't so much an endorsement of one over the other- I certainly love my Sig, but rather an interesting little experiment.

Attachments

• signal-2023-08-19-100958_002.jpeg
    signal-2023-08-19-100958_002.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 22
  • signal-2023-08-19-100954_002.jpeg
    signal-2023-08-19-100954_002.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 14
  • signal-2023-08-19-100949_002.jpeg
    signal-2023-08-19-100949_002.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 15
  • signal-2023-08-19-100945_002.jpeg
    signal-2023-08-19-100945_002.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 21
Anybody ever had any experience with them if you go to their website, you can build a semi custom 2011. You pick cerokoated colors, trigger pull weight, slide cuts or not, mag funnel or not, style trigger, commander or government length with rail. Most of all uses Glock 17 mags. I configured one really loaded for 1700 just playing around. Reviews on the web seems to be really good but just wondering if anybody on here has tried one?
I built mine out and ended up at $1867 and some change, shipped. Granted, 17 weeks from order to in hand, which gave me enough time to pay off the balance on the credit card I used to buy it lol

I went with the middle trigger option- 3.0-3.5 lbs, and couldn't be happier. I'm not really a trigger snob, and I mostly shoot double action guns, so this seems amazing to me. It's very crisp, and the reset is short. Fitment is top notch- you can tell it's hand fit.

My experience with 1911's is fairly limited, as I've owned a couple cheap ones, a Kimber Ultra Carry, and a Sig Emperor Scorpion Fastback- the only one I kept is the Sig. That being said, the Platypus checks the 2011 box I was lusting after (for now) without having to shell out $80 + for magazines that can be somewhat difficult to source. (Who doesn't have a stash of Glock mags?) lol

The Cerakote work looks well done as well. Their optics mounting system is really well done too. I'll have more on my YouTube channel, Archetype of Man, in the coming weeks and months. I have a couple Shorts up of it now. At this point, I have no reason to dissuade anyone from ordering other than the wait, which is not all that bad considering you ARE getting a custom gun.

Attachments

• 368040562_6564687593581042_3249431194201315200_n.jpg
    368040562_6564687593581042_3249431194201315200_n.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 20
I built mine out and ended up at $1867 and some change, shipped. Granted, 17 weeks from order to in hand, which gave me enough time to pay off the balance on the credit card I used to buy it lol

I went with the middle trigger option- 3.0-3.5 lbs, and couldn't be happier. I'm not really a trigger snob, and I mostly shoot double action guns, so this seems amazing to me. It's very crisp, and the reset is short. Fitment is top notch- you can tell it's hand fit.

My experience with 1911's is fairly limited, as I've owned a couple cheap ones, a Kimber Ultra Carry, and a Sig Emperor Scorpion Fastback- the only one I kept is the Sig. That being said, the Platypus checks the 2011 box I was lusting after (for now) without having to shell out $80 + for magazines that can be somewhat difficult to source. (Who doesn't have a stash of Glock mags?) lol

The Cerakote work looks well done as well. Their optics mounting system is really well done too. I'll have more on my YouTube channel, Archetype of Man, in the coming weeks and months. I have a couple Shorts up of it now. At this point, I have no reason to dissuade anyone from ordering other than the wait, which is not all that bad considering you ARE getting a custom gun.
Glad to see someone semi local has one. I have the itch for a 2011 but really don’t want to put that much money into a Staccato fir one as a range toy. The Stealth is a option for me but I am also looking at the Prodigy. The Prodigy I can get for 1159 due to the First Line program and while their mags aren’t as cheap as Glocks they are a lot cheaper than Staccatos. On the other hand I do like the idea of having a semi custom gun built like I want for 500 to 600 more than the Prodigy. I am going to try and search Stealth Arms customer service reviews and make my decision.

Glad to see someone semi local has one. I have the itch for a 2011 but really don’t want to put that much money into a Staccato fir one as a range toy. The Stealth is an option for me but I am also looking at the Prodigy. The Prodigy I can get for 1159 due to the First Line program and while their mags aren’t as cheap as Glocks they are a lot cheaper than Staccatos. On the other hand I do like the idea of having a semi custom gun built like I want for 500 to 600 more than the Prodigy. I am going to try and search Stealth Arms customer service reviews and make my decision.
Prodigy’s aren’t bad but probably will need some small trigger work, barrel chamber reamed and a safety that’s properly fit. Atleast both of the one’s I have experience with needed all that.

Back
Top Bottom