• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stealthgear scorpion plus AIWB vs tier1 aegis

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
spStealthGearUSA-VC_Scorpion_Plus-1000x1000_2.jpg
so the above pic is the stealthgear scorpion aiwb + model holster. Anyone on here have experience with this platform? I like the concept of a claw being built into the holster for the specific gun carried instead of a generic claw like all other companies do. I like the Paded breathability and flex of the material instead of ALL kydex. I have yet to use one though. Got 2 on order for a glock 19,43. Will post back initial thoughts when i get it and try it. I had their ventcore iwb for strongside carry when i use to carry that way and it was sweet. Having switched a few years ago to aiwb i have used trex arms sidecar, and currently run a tier1 aegis. Both are full kydex designs. The tier1 aegis has a flex point in between mag caddy and pistol so is more comfy. However, i have really been intrigued with stealthgear products. I tried their aiwb + but returned it cuz it did not have a claw of any kind which is pretty much a must for aiwb and it was a 2 clip design but just did not fit and function to my liking. Now with the scorpion, they have listened to feedback and added a claw and better clip design with one wide clip design for easy on and off but want to hear from any odt guys that have used or do use it.

****also, do you prefer gun and spare mag for appendix rigs or just a gun and why?
I prefer a mag caddy attached because its a good balance in weight and more pew pew

That thing does not look comfortable to me. I'd stick with Tier1 Concealed. I use two styles from Tier1 depending on what I wear that day... sometimes it's the Axis Slim, other days the Xiphos.
View attachment 1802533

I have thought about the axis but seems so similar to the aegis. Tier1 is a great product. Just always interested in the "latest greatest" or at least try em haha

I have thought about the axis but seems so similar to the aegis. Tier1 is a great product. Just always interested in the "latest greatest" or at least try em haha
It is similar, but the Agis is their original design. I called and talked to a Tier1 person before ordering, told him by body shape, etc. and he recommended the Axis Slim. The reasons were greater flex between holster & mag carrier which helps when sitting or driving, plus the Axis Slim tends to bring everything closer together than the Agis or even the standard Axis.

So....tier 1 agis is still the reigning champ on appendix rigs i have tried. The scorpion single wide clip is on the thickest part of the holster. So it pushes out further in the front of your waist. It also shifts enough to prevent a consistent draw being that its a single clip in the middle and can teeter totter. The aegis is more streamline and conceals better. Reholstering is problematic as well as the holster closes up when pistol is drawn due to softer backing. I also like that positive "click" the full kydex gives. You dont get that with stealthgear. I do a lot of dry fire training and drawing/reholstering. So that aspect is another deal breaker. The duel clip design of the aegis also offers stability that is lost in the single wide clip design. Honestly there is not one perk the stealthgear has over tier1 aegis.

So, thats my .02 cents i will stick with tier1

I have been looking at the tier 1's for a little while now, just haven't pulled the plug on one... Your post may have swayed me farther in that direction now. Im just trying to find an appendix holster I can wear for more than 10 minuets without having to adjust every time I sit or stand (dang cheap holster). Also did it take the full 15 day lead time when you ordered yours?

I have been looking at the tier 1's for a little while now, just haven't pulled the plug on one... Your post may have swayed me farther in that direction now. Im just trying to find an appendix holster I can wear for more than 10 minuets without having to adjust every time I sit or stand (dang cheap holster). Also did it take the full 15 day lead time when you ordered yours?
I just received my second one from them, took about 2-3 weeks total I think. Worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom