• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stern Defense MAG AD pistol mag adapter for AR

I have a one and it worked well with a PSA 9mm upper. Didn’t have to do anything to it. Mine is Glock
I just put mine all together. Feeds fine with the PSA hybrid bolt by hand. I'm going to run it tomorrow, but don't forsee the need for the bolt machining.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I just put mine all together. Feeds fine with the PSA hybrid bolt by hand. I'm going to run it tomorrow, but don't forsee the need for the bolt machining.

Maybe it's already been milled?

https://getstern.com/pages/mag-ad9compatibility

"Recent development, the MAG-AD9 system is not compatible with PSA Hybrid or Foxtrot Mike bolts. This is due to the lug which strips a round off of the magazine being .035 of an inch further from center-line as compared to other bolt systems."

Maybe it's already been milled?

https://getstern.com/pages/mag-ad9compatibility

"Recent development, the MAG-AD9 system is not compatible with PSA Hybrid or Foxtrot Mike bolts. This is due to the lug which strips a round off of the magazine being .035 of an inch further from center-line as compared to other bolt systems."
I don't think so. The trader I got it from bought it new, and was running Colt mags. He knew about the Stern adapter and we even talked about them milling the bolt.

I wonder if I just got lucky and all the tolerances of all the components stacked up the right way. I've tried it with Smith mags from 2 different pistols and some I bought new, all seem to work. I'm assuming that as long as the lug runs between the feed lips and chambers a round I'm good, and that if the bolt needed milled it would hit the back of the mag. But maybe there's some other potential issue I haven't thought of.

That's great news. The rest of my parts start showing up tomorrow. Went with a Kaw Valley bolt and barrel.
Nice. What was your caliber decision?

I'm running a 10.5 psa barrel with a linear comp. It's a pleasure to shoot. Easy on the ears, recoil like a 22. I have a 4.5" barrel that came on the upper I'm going to hang onto and eventually put on another upper, but no pistol can yet so no sense of urgency.

I was kind of feeling a Colt SMG vibe. I'd like to find an A1 upper eventually and get a colt style deflector/port door for it. Just not feeling like dropping another $200 bucks into this one at the moment.
2ef49da3390efcaffeb14738214cabb2.jpg

Nice. What was your caliber decision?

I'm running a 10.5 psa barrel with a linear comp. It's a pleasure to shoot. Easy on the ears, recoil like a 22. I have a 4.5" barrel that came on the upper I'm going to hang onto and eventually put on another upper, but no pistol can yet so no sense of urgency.

I was kind of feeling a Colt SMG vibe. I'd like to find an A1 upper eventually and get a colt style deflector/port door for it. Just not feeling like dropping another $200 bucks into this one at the moment.
2ef49da3390efcaffeb14738214cabb2.jpg

I settled on 9mm, haven't ruled out 357 Sig or 40 if I can find a bolt with decent reviews. Aero stripped upper without FA, 13" Matrix Arms M-Lok Foxtrot rail, and KVP 16" barrel, bolt and linear comp. I had a rear Ruger flip up sight, so I picked up a matching front to round it out. Should make a nice range plinker.

Man, that seems really expensive for a mag adapter considering the glock/colt is half that. HOWEVER, it would be cheaper/worth if you already had m&p mags.

Back
Top Bottom