• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stick shift…

I assume that’s $$ related because they damned sure outlast and are more economical than automatic trans in the long run. (Provided you can get them repaired when needed) My .02

They were supposed to already be banned according to the Obama administration, but it would appear trump undid that.

EPA say they are more economical and they want them gone.

Irrelevant since the manual transmission isn’t hardly offered in most model cars anymore. I wanted one in my Tacoma but I couldn’t get it with the 2.7 and would have had to get the V6 and a TRD to get one which completely eliminated the benefit.

I grew up learning on a stick shift and writing cursive. Mastered both relatively young too ! Lol.
I was driving my brothers cars before I was 12yo !
Learning the fun of power braking , snatching second gear and drag racing before I got a real drivers license.
Things were different in the country life rather than the big city ! Lol

Nothing pisses me off more than being asked to sign an iPad document with my finger. First, my signature is nothing like it should be and is usually just a tangle of strokes, but more aggravating are the memories of having my knuckles rapped with a ruler during penmanship class!

I'm proud of my name and my ability to write it legibly in cursive. I don't understand those who scrawl their signature in a way that means nothing. It says something about them, and I don't think it's complimentary.

Nothing pisses me off more than being asked to sign an iPad document with my finger. First, my signature is nothing like it should be and is usually just a tangle of strokes, but more aggravating are the memories of having my knuckles rapped with a ruler during penmanship class!

I'm proud of my name and my ability to write it legibly in cursive. I don't understand those who scrawl their signature in a way that means nothing. It says something about them, and I don't think it's complimentary.

Some days I will sign my name well over 100 times and have been doing so for over 20 years. My signature is totally illegible and is nothing more than a few lines.

That said, it is my signature and much harder to replicate than my dad’s perfect penmanship signature was back when I was in school.

I don’t care if it impresses anyone or says anything about me. I need to move on to the next thing and nothing pissed me off more than being told to make my signature legible. I simply refuse. Either you want me to write my name or you want a signature, two very different things.

Cursive on the other hand is a total waste of time unless you enjoy writing hand written letters to people.

I can type something out far faster than I can write it, and as an added bonus I don’t need to find a pen, paper, be in proximity to the recipient or a shipping company, and as an added bonus, you can actually read what I wrote.

Some days I will sign my name well over 100 times and have been doing so for over 20 years. My signature is totally illegible and is nothing more than a few lines.

That said, it is my signature and much harder to replicate than my dad’s perfect penmanship signature was back when I was in school.

I don’t care if it impresses anyone or says anything about me. I need to move on to the next thing and nothing pissed me off more than being told to make my signature legible. I simply refuse. Either you want me to write my name or you want a signature, two very different things.

Cursive on the other hand is a total waste of time unless you enjoy writing hand written letters to people.

I can type something out far faster than I can write it, and as an added bonus I don’t need to find a pen, paper, be in proximity to the recipient or a shipping company, and as an added bonus, you can actually read what I wrote.
Understand completely, and it was not my intention to hurt any feelings nor tell anyone to do anything. We are all different, one man's meat is another man's poison.

Back
Top Bottom