• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Still new here and a bit confused.

Since you asked an honest question, here's an honest answer: yes, it's an ongoing problem, no, you can't help them, and yes, it's schadenfreude to a "t."

From the beginning we've had ",custom builds" and frankenrifles being listed for way, way too much. Turn up the squelch, ignore the static, and focus on what you can affect.

Welcome aboard. :usa2:
Thank you my friend all I can promise is to never be a part of the epidemic. Quality, fair priced, honest weapons and equipment from this guy only. Or a post saying "who wants this garbage?" Priced accordingly lol.

Take the good with the bad like anywhere else. Except we have feedback and a community unlike any other. People will laugh at this post because it is common with newer members. We have our crazies and Facecraigers. There is no sure way to avoid all of them. Stick around. There is great stuff to be had, and if nothing else, it is entertaining, much of the time.

Well Said!!!

Roger that I agree just had to make my first official post a vent/learning one thanks for entertaining me guys I truly love this forum and have acquired so many nice weapons in such a short time. I'm 100% pleased but as a young man, keeping my mouth shut will help me become an old man one day I'm sure lol

Keep watching and you can find a diamond in the rough. I was able to snag a 100 year old Winchester 1895 Russian Musket a few years back. Not an easy item to find and was very surprised when it showed up here. I just happened to faster on the keyboard than a few other members!

Reactions: MRH
Well Said!!!

I know which listing he is talking about, the Anderson "build" (ghey term). I am 99% certain the same clown offered the same POS to me in a trade, and he asked me for $150 to go with it, even though my gun is worth $150 more than said POS...LOL...You just have to laugh it off and roll with it. Most guys on here offer fair trades, even if it isn't what you're looking for.

Keep watching and you can find a diamond in the rough. I was able to snag a 100 year old Winchester 1895 Russian Musket a few years back. Not an easy item to find and was very surprised when it showed up here. I just happened to faster on the keyboard than a few other members!
I've already gotten so many good deals and met incredible guys all over N and S GA even on the short time I've been here. Just got an AR9 from a very well know ODTer and have been tickled pink with the weapon. Met a lot of vets, and all meets have been honest, genuinely fine people. So far so good, just saw an abundance of Franken guns pop up this past week didn't know what was up other than a floaded market

Telling folks they price is too high will likely get you some headgear round here :)

LOL...Very true. I do not crap in someone's ad, and you (the OP) should understand now that if you do question someone's asking price in their ad, you will be reprimanded. No questions asked. And no, I am not a mod, nor will I ever be.

LOL...Very true. I do not crap in someone's ad, and you (the OP) should understand now that if you do question someone's asking price in their ad, you will be reprimanded. No questions asked. And no, I am not a mod, nor will I ever be.
I've never bombed anyone in front of others unless extreme situations in public. I was an Infantry staff sergeant for 4 of my 10 year career, I know when and where to air dirty laundry and I get no jollies bringing scolde and embarrassment in public. Bring it to the office, separate from peers, use as learning and educate with love, albeit tough love sometimes. My goal would never be to demean it was more asked from a "is it worth it to educate" question and my end conclusion is "as an American who supports capitalism it's not my Business to run another mans"

You just have to laugh it off and roll with it. Most guys on here offer fair trades, even if it isn't what you're looking for.
This is pretty solid advice. Back when I had to sell some stuff a couple months back, the majority of trades that were offered up were fair, just completely not what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom