• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoeger M3500 Cycling Issue

Whitey

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
Ever since I bought my Stoeger Semi-Auto 12 gauge M 3500, it has not cycled the second round very well. It just seems to jam up. Cleaned it, tried different loads, same results. Is this a common problem? Is it fixable? Any body deal with the same thing out there?

What loads are you using?

Is it a gas gun or recoil operated?

nvrmnd, inertia rotating bolt operation.

There are lots of reports of cycling issues and youtubes on them.

Stoeger does recommend frequent bolt disassembly and thorough cleaning in their manual on these guns. That recommendation and the nature of the rotating bolt would make me run the bolt wet with CLP.

Also, they do not recommend very light loads, 1 1/8 shot and 3 drams powder being the minimum load for this gun. Mag cap must be TIGHT as well.

If these don't help, contact Stoeger customer service.

Stoeger Industries, Inc., 901 Eighth Street, Pocomoke City, Maryland 21851 Toll Free: 800-264-4962 fax: 301-283-6986 www.StoegerIndustries.com

You need to run 1 1/8 ounce loads unless you get a different spring. I've never had trouble with mine. I have the reduced spring though.

So the reduced spring would allow the second round to release from the magazine tube?

I may have misspoke. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a stronger or lighter spring. It's a spring for lighter loads. I always shoot 7/8 or 1 ounce loads. The factory spring didn't cycle them well. The new spring does.

Stoeger calls it the action bar spring. Maybe l had the 2 springs confused when l answered earlier. I'm not the best with part names

Back
Top Bottom