Stolen gun on ODT

Do you have your guns off ODT checked by police?

• Yes, I'm safe.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No, I'll take my chances.

Votes: 27 93.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bonecollector

Default rank 5000+ posts
Warheads on Foreheads
49   1
Reaction score
just curious if other users on here carry or conceal carry a gun they have traded for, or bought from someone off the ODT...? or if you dont carry any firearm unless its bought by you from a LGS or an FFL dealer, in the event that it might be stolen? ive carried guns ive bought and traded for off the site but ive always wondered where the gun came from? how many owners has it had? has an owner reported it stolen? does anyone else feel the same way and will a bill of sale really keep you from getting locked up if a cop runs your gun and it comes back stolen?? will the judge wave the charge for "receiving stolen property" on a felony gun charge just because you have a piece of paper showing a sale? will both partys be charged?? yall know how the court system works... IT DONT.:confused:

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!

dont say im paraniod or anything because i carry everyday and my carry weapon changes in some cases day to day depending on what im wearing.... If im in shorts and a tee im not packing a GLOCK 21, itll be my 30. understand?

When in doubt have the gun checked out,any police and sheriff department can check the numbers for you.BUT if it comes back stolen you will have to explain and give the weapon up.BUT why would you want to keep a such stolen gun anyway???

haha ok how many of you really are going to take every gun youve got off ODT to the cops and have them run it??? thats my point...

- - - Updated - - -

When in doubt have the gun checked out,any police and sheriff department can check the numbers for you.BUT if it comes back stolen you will have to explain and give the weapon up.BUT why would you want to keep a such stolen gun anyway???

if that was the case then why doesnt everyone make there meeting place for a trade at there county sheriffs office?? i think not.

haha ok how many of you really are going to take every gun youve got off ODT to the cops and have them run it??? thats my point...

I do. I have several friends in Law Enforcement and I have them run all the guns I get that I don't buy brand new. You can call your local police department and they will send someone to your house as well. I believe I heard someone(I believe it was Soviet?) say that he does this too.

I do. I have several friends in Law Enforcement and I have them run all the guns I get that I don't buy brand new. You can call your local police department and they will send someone to your house as well. I believe I heard someone(I believe it was Soviet?) say that he does this too.

thanks man i might try this...

Back
Top Bottom